Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:13 pm

Matthew's APs are signed and we sell them on our site as well.
andrewg520
Art Enthusiast

Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:20 pm

acidburn wrote:Matthew's APs are signed and we sell them on our site as well.
where are the APs at? I purchased the NMOES 4 variant from y'all in like august, from a personal email because the website stated y'all had 3 left, so i emailed because i was curious and really wanted one. Y'all just sent me a link to a private checkout and i bought it. If i knew there were signed APs i would of done that instead. WTF
andrewg520
Art Enthusiast

Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:23 pm

that's also stupid to have only his APs signed. All the others y'all do are signed reproductions, why not his? I see on the website the sold out APs for part 3, but no part 4 listed at all sadly. That is still stupid to not have them all signed, even if it was his choice to do that, that's just plain dumb lol.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:25 pm

who are you? can you take it down a couple of notches?
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
andrewg520
Art Enthusiast

Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:27 pm

35mmpaul wrote:who are you? can you take it down a couple of notches?
who are you? I can post if I want. get off the thread if you're offended with my opinion. This is a DISCUSSION thread, so i can discuss my opinions if i want to. And you can discuss your problem with me here too if you want
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:27 pm

i get that you are having a bipolar temper tantrum.

going back and forth on your happiness with reproduction posters.

sometimes things are signed by the artist. some are not. some artists really care about their editions signed. sometimes logistics prevent it.

let it go. buy it or don't. its not complicated.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:28 pm

im perplexed by your attitude. you are lacking in understanding the logistics of screening printing not your opinion.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:30 pm

Joe be doing the lord's work dealing with these crazies amirite.

P.S. Dis gotta be an alt of dat toaster duke amirite.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:31 pm

To get them signed then back usually requires sending an entire pallet of prints to the artist to get them all signed, then back to the gallery to sell. Usually it's not cost effective nor is it really that safe to keep risking more transportation of the prints, to say nothing of whether or not the artist him/herself wants to sign an entire run versus just some APs that may go on sale later (especially in the case of something like NOES3, which was for NYCC).

You're welcome to voice your dissatisfaction to the artist yourself, see how that goes. *shrug emoji*
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
andrewg520
Art Enthusiast

Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:35 pm

35mmpaul wrote:i get that you are having a bipolar temper tantrum.

going back and forth on your happiness with reproduction posters.

sometimes things are signed by the artist. some are not. some artists really care about their editions signed. sometimes logistics prevent it.

let it go. buy it or don't. its not complicated.
Thank you for realizing my problems, but i don't need a psychiatrist. If someone can voice their side and it change my opinion, and that makes me bipolar, cool man, call me bipolar. I can express my views on the subject, and y'all could easily not reply and continue on. I can bash if i want to. I can support if i want to, so please leave me alone.
andrewg520
Art Enthusiast

Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:39 pm

jkw3000 wrote:To get them signed then back usually requires sending an entire pallet of prints to the artist to get them all signed, then back to the gallery to sell. Usually it's not cost effective nor is it really that safe to keep risking more transportation of the prints, to say nothing of whether or not the artist him/herself wants to sign an entire run versus just some APs that may go on sale later (especially in the case of something like NOES3, which was for NYCC).

You're welcome to voice your dissatisfaction to the artist yourself, see how that goes. *shrug emoji*
lol, nah i'm good. Thank you for replying with a reasonable response. But with the Gleason Halloween didn't they fly him out to the gallery to do the signing? Couldn't they fly out Peak for this new print? And like i did bring up, it could be peaks preference to not sign them all, but it does suck. I really do want something signed by him, and knowing the NMOES ones aren't is a bummer, I would of just aimed for a resell of an AP signed by him at that point.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:42 pm

if you want to bash a company for logistics of credit blocks and artist signatures and other things that are not always available and in control with dealing in other companies intelectual property, I'm going to comment back at you.

its a movie poster. pump the breaks. you'll be ok.
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:43 pm

andrewg520 wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:To get them signed then back usually requires sending an entire pallet of prints to the artist to get them all signed, then back to the gallery to sell. Usually it's not cost effective nor is it really that safe to keep risking more transportation of the prints, to say nothing of whether or not the artist him/herself wants to sign an entire run versus just some APs that may go on sale later (especially in the case of something like NOES3, which was for NYCC).

lol, nah i'm good. Thank you for replying with a reasonable response. But with the Gleason Halloween didn't they fly him out to the gallery to do the signing? Couldn't they fly out Peak for this new print? And like i did bring up, it could be peaks preference to not sign them all, but it does suck. I really do want something signed by him, and knowing the NMOES ones aren't is a bummer, I would of just aimed for a resell of an AP signed by him at that point.
I mean, how many times are they flying him out just to sign? How much of that added cost should be plopped into the cost of the prints? How much scheduling has to match up each time? It's just never that easy, nor is it applicable to all artists.

FWIW you can always email Peak and see if there's anything you can do to get your prints signed by him - if he's ever at a convention, or if you can ever bring your prints over/mail them for a sig. Think Tyler Stout used to do that back in the day before the world went crazy or something. Plenty of avenues to check.
andrewg520
Art Enthusiast

Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:51 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
andrewg520 wrote:

I mean, how many times are they flying him out just to sign? How much of that added cost should be plopped into the cost of the prints? How much scheduling has to match up each time? It's just never that easy, nor is it applicable to all artists.

FWIW you can always email Peak and see if there's anything you can do to get your prints signed by him - if he's ever at a convention, or if you can ever bring your prints over/mail them for a sig. Think Tyler Stout used to do that back in the day before the world went crazy or something. Plenty of avenues to check.
Yeah i would wait for a convention or something, i just don't know if he does them or many if so. But I see your point if we are talking all the peak releases, flying him out for them would be a lot, but at least do it once. Sign a set, and fly him back home. Release the set as normal print run signed by him too up-charge whatever lol. Its possible for them to do it, now if they would is a whole nother topic haha. Thank you for your input and advice, def will look into it and see if he has any way i could get them signed
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:55 pm

I don't think I've ever gotten a peak at Peak. Should get him down for something. *cough*bottleneckcon*cough*