Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
followmefilms
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:28 pm

Regarding Memba Berries (which is awesome)... I'm torn. I like the vintage one because of the old times nature of what they stand for. But, since they only came out this year, I feel like the regular one better represents the true period of the birth of the Memba Berry. But, I am also realizing that I am way over analyzing it. Thoughts?
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:51 pm

followmefilms wrote:Regarding Memba Berries (which is awesome)... I'm torn. I like the vintage one because of the old times nature of what they stand for. But, since they only came out this year, I feel like the regular one better represents the true period of the birth of the Memba Berry. But, I am also realizing that I am way over analyzing it. Thoughts?
Definitely the most thought provoking passage about memba berries
followmefilms
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:56 pm

acidburn wrote:
followmefilms wrote:Regarding Memba Berries (which is awesome)... I'm torn. I like the vintage one because of the old times nature of what they stand for. But, since they only came out this year, I feel like the regular one better represents the true period of the birth of the Memba Berry. But, I am also realizing that I am way over analyzing it. Thoughts?
Definitely the most thought provoking passage about memba berries
Those are some pretty thought provoking posters you have there, Joe. I'd probably grab both if I thought I actually could get them both. But, for now, I must continue to ponder this decision.
sez752
Art Expert

Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:01 pm

Thanks for the shipping refund Joe. Was nervous whenever I saw the refund email but soon realized it was for combined shipping. Class act. The icing on the cake would be if Blade Runner is on the horizon. :drool:
KSUvet
Art Expert

Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:19 pm

acidburn wrote:
KSUvet wrote: Agreed. The sig on The Thing isn't as big or central, but he went a little crazy on BTiLC and Pan's. That said, I'll allow it because he is who he is. I've waited a long time for that poster, and that's not making me pass. It's just not my preference. Also, I'm curious what kind of pens he's using. I think someone said it wasn't just a sharpie (i.e. more archival) on BTiLC, but I couldn't find it.
Isaac recommended a silver sharpie for this one due to the metal pigments not being able to fade on the heavy coverage. The Thing was in pencil too right? I dont remember. Marker is definitely easier for him now.
Yeah, Thing was pencil. I'm not an expert, but I'd be slightly concerned with the fade potential of a lot of markers. Obviously we know pencil is safe, but wouldn't look great with a dark paper. I don't know who Isaac is, but hopefully he's right.

"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:26 pm

I have heard it is not advised to have things signed in black sharpie/marker as it will yellow around the writing with time. Not sure if the same holds true with other colors.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:28 pm

Kramerica wrote:Drew certainly likes his signature. :lol:
:shock: That is pretty bad.
So it goes...
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:35 am

Today

Image Image
So it goes...
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:36 am

KSUvet wrote:
acidburn wrote:
KSUvet wrote: Agreed. The sig on The Thing isn't as big or central, but he went a little crazy on BTiLC and Pan's. That said, I'll allow it because he is who he is. I've waited a long time for that poster, and that's not making me pass. It's just not my preference. Also, I'm curious what kind of pens he's using. I think someone said it wasn't just a sharpie (i.e. more archival) on BTiLC, but I couldn't find it.
Isaac recommended a silver sharpie for this one due to the metal pigments not being able to fade on the heavy coverage. The Thing was in pencil too right? I dont remember. Marker is definitely easier for him now.
Yeah, Thing was pencil. I'm not an expert, but I'd be slightly concerned with the fade potential of a lot of markers. Obviously we know pencil is safe, but wouldn't look great with a dark paper. I don't know who Isaac is, but hopefully he's right.

Isaac's with Lady Laz, so I'm sure he has some idea with respect to paper and ink.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:52 am

Kramerica wrote:I have heard it is not advised to have things signed in black sharpie/marker as it will yellow around the writing with time. Not sure if the same holds true with other colors.
The black fades so bad that Sharpie started making a fade resistant "extreme" version
PhishTaylorNYE
Art Enthusiast

Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:54 am

ChrisV wrote:
acidburn wrote:
Joe, you mentioned a few months back that an "Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia" print "might actually be possible
its def possible i just dont know what artist to match with it? if you have suggestions go for it
Dave Perillo, Alice Zhang...maybe an Englert of the interior of the bar...I'd like to see Juan Esteban Rodriguez take a stab at it too...maybe even Helice Wen.
The mood of Sunny has always been fun and goofy, yet dark and mildly disturbing. Of the artists Bottleneck has worked with before, and understanding that I know very little about such things, Florian Bertmer and Englert come to mind. Im sure Pez could whip up something pretty twisted. Honorable mentions include Florey, Raid71, Zhang and Perillo Kitten Mittens ad print. Thanks, Joe, even if it never happens I appreciate the momentary indulgence.
benman3321
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:06 am

mfaith wrote:Today

Image Image
I thought you were joking, but it's a real thing. :shock:
matowest
Art Expert

Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:07 am

benman3321 wrote:
mfaith wrote:Today

Image Image
I thought you were joking, but it's a real thing. :shock:
Yep. Teased it a while back. Member?
steelbooklover
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:28 am

I memba this was the worst season of South Park relying on this one gag to keep it running. Easy pass. Wish they would do more stuff like the Awesom-O one.
cotis
Art Expert

Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:31 am

acidburn wrote:was kind of curious to see if anyone would do that today but nah no one did. You got your tube yesterday right?
yessir. josh even taped it shut with a flap!

:2thumb: :heart: