Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:11 pm

Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:13 pm

mfaith wrote:
acidburn wrote:take a look at all of the threads and how within a minute of a newsletter you not only have it uploaded but you post in that thread,
Joe, you hit on it perfectly right here. I religiously follow the newsletters to source the content that I add. And I don't subscribe to the bottleneck email. So it's not me actively bypassing or "brushing off" your content. It's just not content I have awareness of, because I don't follow it. It's never been anything personal. The stuff I do post, it's because I follow those instagrams, I subscribe to those newsletters, etc. Those are areas I have personal interest in, and want to share my excitement with others. It's completely motivated by me wanting to share my love of those things with others, and I encourage everyone to do the same. I see Joe doing great work spreading the word, in those areas, I don't cover.
Nah i feel you. I've definitely noticed that its mainly the artists you're passionate about, you showcase pretty quickly. I was just aware something that happened a while ago where I kind of mentioned about the delays on our stuff and someone asked to help. You kind of brushed them off as well and didn't want to hear about it. So to me, mix that in with everything I'm seeing, you can see where I come from.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:18 pm

I'm not sure what it was that happened, but everyone is welcome to submit to the DB. That's always been the case, and highly encouraged. If more people contributed, I wouldn't have to put the endless hours I put in, to adding everything I do, haha. You don't need elevated permissions to upload content to the DB, and as quickly as I approve stuff now, there's very little delay in it going in. Happy discuss with you privately if you want to chat more. Cheers
So it goes...
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:19 pm

Would it be possible for you to add BNG to your galleries you follow? Mondo content gets added almost immediately. And its similar artists and content.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:21 pm

I could understand ignoring Mondo but BNG?
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:25 pm

ToonKiller wrote:I could understand ignoring Mondo but BNG?
haha we are ignored a lot. Again, its fine.

Side note to you..you end up selling those canvases? hope you didnt
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:25 pm

35mmpaul wrote:Would it be possible for you to add BNG to your galleries you follow? Mondo content gets added almost immediately. And its similar artists and content.
I mean, there already is some content that I do add. For instance, I follow David Welker, and Tim Pittides. Whenever I get their newsletters with BNG content, I add those in just as fast as everything else.
Dude, I spend so many hours on this stuff, and I can only justify that because it's stuff that I'm personally passionate about. This is not my job. I do this because I love these things, and if it ever starts to feel like a job, I'll probably stop doing it. People asking me to subscribe to a gallery just so I can enter the content they want added, when they have the ability to add those things themselves, is not really fair to me. You know? I feel like I'm barely able to keep up as it is. I can't take more on, if it's not something that I personally care about. I hope folks understand. I just get the feeling more and more, since I've been doing so much here for so long, that it's become an expectation. And if I don't do YOUR thing, then you get angry at me, and think it's some ill-intentioned thing. But it's not like that.
So it goes...
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:28 pm

mfaith wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:Would it be possible for you to add BNG to your galleries you follow? Mondo content gets added almost immediately. And its similar artists and content.
I mean, there already is some content that I do add. For instance, I follow David Welker, and Tim Pittides. Whenever I get their newsletters with BNG content, I add those in just as fast as everything else.
Dude, I spend so many hours on this stuff, and I can only justify that because it's stuff that I'm personally passionate about. This is not my job. I do this because I love these things, and if it ever starts to feel like a job, I'll probably stop doing it. People asking me to subscribe to a gallery just so I can enter the content they want added, when they have the ability to add those things themselves, is not really fair to me. You know? I feel like I'm barely able to keep up as it is. I can't take more on, if it's not something that I personally care about. I hope folks understand. I just get the feeling more and more, since I've been doing so much here for so long, that it's become an expectation. And if I don't do YOUR thing, then you get angry at me, and think it's some ill-intentioned thing. But it's not like that.

Why do you hate BNG tho?
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:28 pm

So...no?
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:32 pm

also. not angry in the slightest. just asking a question.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:34 pm

mfaith wrote:
Trust me we all know here how much you put into this site. Probably more then anyone else here besides Codeblue. I don't think there is anyone that can say differently. Just coming more from a business perspective on my side, you just see certain things and I'm just used to it by now.
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:37 pm

where are you bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
cotis
Art Expert

Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:40 pm

mike, imma be straight to the point. this may look familiar as we have had this exact discussion before. :roll:

I work, I add things on here as I can. no one is paying you, no one is dependent upon you. this is a free site, everyone's a volunteer. I think some may take it a little too serious compared to others and act like it's a job, but in the end - it's just a database for a hobby that we are all involved in. you do more than anyone else because you're an EB Team Contributor and you're able to add things in seconds. I add things and it takes hours sometimes a couple days to be approved. if I had access to add things in seconds and have it ready to go, I'd fly through releases from BNG newsletters, HCG newsletters, GMA newsletters, etc. but I also know that you like having the control. if there's an approval process in the future for being an "approved contributor" I'm sure some people would sign up and help out more.

you're the only person admins added as a contributor and you do a good chunk of the adding art. because that's why they added you... and I'm guessing it's because you reached out and offered. you can't blame anyone else about that. as I said, I help as I can - and if you want more help, all you have to do is ask. tell the admins you need another body to help you. but please don't act as if you're the only one doing it. hell - if you want, get the team to add me as Contributor, I'll handle strictly the galleries you "don't have an interest in" and do those releases henceforth. if you can't handle it anymore or the stress is getting to you, just say so.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:42 pm

mfaith wrote: And I don't subscribe to the bottleneck email.
Which is a calculated choice on your end, one that makes no sense other than irrational spite for God knows why.

The data entry is both great and helpful, but quit acting like you are laying brick in the hot sun all day with it.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:44 pm

cotis wrote:mike, imma be straight to the point. this may look familiar as we have had this exact discussion before. :roll:

I work, I add things on here as I can. no one is paying you, no one is dependent upon you. this is a free site, everyone's a volunteer. I think some may take it a little too serious compared to others and act like it's a job, but in the end - it's just a database for a hobby that we are all involved in. you do more than anyone else because you're an EB Team Contributor and you're able to add things in seconds. I add things and it takes hours sometimes a couple days to be approved. if I had access to add things in seconds and have it ready to go, I'd fly through releases from BNG newsletters, HCG newsletters, GMA newsletters, etc. but I also know that you like having the control. if there's an approval process in the future for being an "approved contributor" I'm sure some people would sign up and help out more.

you're the only person admins added as a contributor and you do a good chunk of the adding art. because that's why they added you... and I'm guessing it's because you reached out and offered. you can't blame anyone else about that. as I said, I help as I can - and if you want more help, all you have to do is ask. tell the admins you need another body to help you. but please don't act as if you're the only one doing it. hell - if you want, get the team to add me as Contributor, I'll handle strictly the galleries you "don't have an interest in" and do those releases henceforth. if you can't handle it anymore or the stress is getting to you, just say so.
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.