General art-related discussion.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:50 pm

:lol:
cmatthews11
Art Expert

Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:20 pm

On your next sponsored Facebook listing, just make sure to exclude "Wal-Mart" from the keywords. :x
acidburn
Art Daddy

Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:00 pm

cmatthews11 wrote:On your next sponsored Facebook listing, just make sure to exclude "Wal-Mart" from the keywords. :x
Hahah we are trying out new things. Instagram is even worse. We were told we were getting sued for selling marvel prints

At least we have something to look forward to now
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:35 am

I'll never understand those segments of society that decide to 'understand' other folks interests, hobbies, how they spend their time, etc...all in declarative knee jerk judgment.

We get this type of impulse judgement from my daughter's peers and their families who have decided that our kid having a full plate of sports year around is a waste of time, yet their kids dance...
acidburn
Art Daddy

Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:41 am

wonkabars7 wrote:I'll never understand those segments of society that decide to 'understand' other folks interests, hobbies, how they spend their time, etc...all in declarative knee jerk judgment.

We get this type of impulse judgement from my daughter's peers and their families who have decided that our kid having a full plate of sports year around is a waste of time, yet their kids dance...
Aren’t a lot of us technically guilty of that too? Especially this market
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:46 am

Maybe, but print/poster collectors probably feel the heat a bit more from 'normal' folks...spending loot on paper isn't as widely accepted as collecting cars for example. Ours is a pretty small niche hobby that is easily disregarded by folks outside of it, I have found in over 15 years collecting.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:12 am

wonkabars7 wrote:Maybe, but print/poster collectors probably feel the heat a bit more from 'normal' folks...spending loot on paper isn't as widely accepted as collecting cars for example. Ours is a pretty small niche hobby that is easily disregarded by folks outside of it, I have found in over 15 years collecting.
Woild def put it next to the toy/statue market
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:28 am

wonkabars7 wrote:I'll never understand those segments of society that decide to 'understand' other folks interests, hobbies, how they spend their time, etc...all in declarative knee jerk judgment.

Less occupied minds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:13 am

acidburn wrote:
Woild def put it next to the toy/statue market
At least the movie poster portion. I think some of the subgenres of prints/posters get more reverence from the outside world.
I'm not someone else.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:26 am

wonkabars7 wrote: We get this type of impulse judgement from my daughter's peers and their families who have decided that our kid having a full plate of sports year around is a waste of time...
It kinda is tho unless she's an elite tennis player or gymnast. Of course if it's her choosing to do it (not the parents forcing her to do it), and she's maintaining high level grades, there ain't nothing wrong with it if she ain't stressed out.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:42 am

My kids play year round sports (mostly, daughter usually takes the winter months off) - they choose it and likely will both play in college. It is a bit crazy, but I probably would have done it too when I was young, but the opportunities to do so weren't as widely available.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:48 am

Codeblue wrote:
wonkabars7 wrote: We get this type of impulse judgement from my daughter's peers and their families who have decided that our kid having a full plate of sports year around is a waste of time...
It kinda is tho unless she's an elite tennis player or gymnast. Of course if it's her choosing to do it (not the parents forcing her to do it), and she's maintaining high level grades, there ain't nothing wrong with it if she ain't stressed out.
Always LOL at Blue chiming in on kid-related issues. Whatchoo know 'bout kids blue? :wink:

My girl was a mediocre basketball player but played AAU for 4 years and drymounting loved it. The team-aspect of it, camaraderie, the travel, the practice, all of it helped to make her a more well-rounded individual. Then she coached pee wee girls until her senior year. Just more stuff for her resume, may have helped her get into Bing, who knows.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:56 am

earlgreytoast wrote:
Codeblue wrote:
My girl was a mediocre basketball player but played AAU for 4 years and drymounting loved it. The team-aspect of it, camaraderie, the travel, the practice, all of it helped to make her a more well-rounded individual. Then she coached pee wee girls until her senior year. Just more stuff for her resume, may have helped her get into Bing, who knows.
Believe swimming is great for general fitness, a life skill everyone should to allowed to have, for leisure as much as competition.

Water parks and seaside holiday trips are just not the same if the kids can't swim. Surprised how many of my kids friends are non-swimmers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
kansasbbq
Art God

Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:04 pm

I just don't understand you Ben.

:P
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
jkw3000
EB Team

Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:56 pm

I'm impressed this didn't devolve into "my kid practices competitive urban camping for posters."
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.