Dark Hall Mansion Thread -- News / Releases / Rumors / Art

General art-related discussion.
IWish
Art Expert

Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:52 pm

SPAC04 wrote:Iwish's opinions belong in the DHM thread
I'm trying to be understanding...DHM seemed like good people. Unlike, some of the thieves that get continued support, around here. It's sickening...the support that is shown to them given their offenses towards members of this forum. Due to flip potential.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:56 pm

Which #thieves are ya talking about?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
IWish
Art Expert

Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:01 pm

DHM offered a choice of prints for those that were still owed. They voluntarily sent emails to these people with their offer to make good. I can't speak for anyone else, but that speaks volumes about their character.

You know who I'm talking about, blue. It took years for one to make good on his subscription and the other still hasn't followed-through on his commitment. Yet, they are still given support.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:06 pm

IWish wrote:
I'm trying to be understanding...DHM seemed like good people. Unlike, some of the thieves that get continued support, around here. It's sickening...the support that is shown to them given their offenses towards members of this forum. Due to flip potential.
To be clear, i didn't read the prior exchange. idk why you quoted me here, my post was in reference to the hacky nature of your opinions when you are offended.
IWish
Art Expert

Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:07 pm

...and, blue. The first artist had the balls to come in this forum and post about how he just bought a new home. After taking...like... $20K from members and then went dark. It took...what? Five or more years to make good on his commitment?
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:08 pm

I assume you're talking about odd city, and I have no idea who supports them. As far as Jay shaw, my understanding is that sub was almost (if not) completely fulfilled. Am I missing something? Plus he ain't active here so I dunno what there is to #support. Unless yer referring to Mondo?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
IWish
Art Expert

Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:18 pm

SPAC04 wrote: To be clear, i didn't read the prior exchange. idk why you quoted me here, my post was in reference to the hacky nature of your opinions when you are offended.
I have no idea what hacky nature means. I'm not offended...I'm disgusted.

No, blue. LD. Not OCD.

C'mon, blue. We read about JS not following through for several years after offering his subscription. FFS, there were a few that sold their subscriptions because they were tired of waiting. To this day, there are those that still support him without issue regarding his past dealings. (And, yes...supporting him through Mondo.)

If anyone wants to judge me or ridicule me for my feelings on this matter. Fine, I don't care. Someone needs to speak-up in defense of, who I perceive as, decent folk - DHM.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:26 pm

How many DHM prints do you own?
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:30 pm

SPAC04 wrote:Iwish's opinions belong in a Ken Kesey novel.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
finneganm
Art Freak

Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:31 pm

IWish wrote:
I take issue with two points here in regards to Jay Shaw.

1) it’s sickening? Come on. That’s a tad much for what Jay did.
2) flip potential? Come on. That’s a tad much for what Jay did.
That's what she said
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:31 pm

Signing up for a sub is just asking for trouble. Only artists I can think of in this "community" with successful ones are Jay Ryan and the hork. I know there's others like santora, but most don't care about dat one. Also, LD is still fulfilling the sub even if it's taking forever. I mainly fault the sub starter for most likely not having an ironclad contract with specific delivery dates specified.
IWish
Art Expert

Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:40 pm

35mmpaul wrote:How many DHM prints do you own?
Two.

I bought them as gifts, initially. Unfortunately, I need to sell them...for reasons I'm sure you wouldn't understand or be compassionate about.

finn, I admired and adored JS so much prior to all of that. Not in a sexy-eyebrow way...he has the most wonderful sense of humor. At the time, I felt fiercely protective of this forum and its members...it was a different place back then. I totally know it was silly of me to feel that way, but understand that it was more of a community...not the flip-fest-ROI-bottom-feeding-frenzy place that it is now. It broke my heart that JS would do that.
Last edited by IWish on Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
finneganm
Art Freak

Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:41 pm

He fulfilled his commitment, just took him longer than he had initially planned.
That's what she said
IWish
Art Expert

Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:49 pm

Codeblue wrote:Also, LD is still fulfilling the sub even if it's taking forever. I mainly fault the sub starter for most likely not having an ironclad contract with specific delivery dates specified.
Fair enough regarding a contract; however, that still doesn't excuse him in my book. He made a commitment...and sure, okay...he's slowly making good on that. However, he knows that he has a commitment to fulfill, but chooses to put out new work, instead. I'm not so unreasonable to say that he shouldn't put out new work to support himself, but c'mon...it's been like what? Five years now...something like that?

My god...all this wasn't even my point. I was disgusted about the lack of compassion and the complete and total callousness shown towards DHM.
IWish
Art Expert

Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:50 pm

finneganm wrote:He fulfilled his commitment, just took him longer than he had initially planned.
If you mean, JS...yeah, but he went dark for a LONG TIME. No excuse.