JC Richard - Art of, Discussion, Releases and Appreciation.

General art-related discussion.
questkid32
Art Expert

Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:52 pm

That winter preview is gorgeous. Looks like he may be holding Kryptonite? But would JC do another Superman piece?
deestar
Art Expert

Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:59 pm

questkid32 wrote:That winter preview is gorgeous. Looks like he may be holding Kryptonite? But would JC do another Superman piece?
I think JC is a huge fan of Superman and i think this is a piece that compliments his previous work as this is the start of superman, where he finds out who he is- it could be when he casts the crystal into the water and the fortress of solitude is born?
questkid32
Art Expert

Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:01 pm

deestar wrote:
questkid32 wrote:That winter preview is gorgeous. Looks like he may be holding Kryptonite? But would JC do another Superman piece?
I think JC is a huge fan of Superman and i think this is a piece that compliments his previous work as this is the start of superman, where he finds out who he is- it could be when he casts the crystal into the water and the fortress of solitude is born?
I would be very excited.
jjdungca
Art Expert

Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:52 pm

I would love to see JC do another Superman piece but on that note, I need to add his "Fortress of Solitude" to my collection! :)
ImageImageImage
deestar
Art Expert

Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:21 am

jjdungca wrote:I would love to see JC do another Superman piece but on that note, I need to add his "Fortress of Solitude" to my collection! :)
Get buying now to avoid the price rise when this new print comes out.
deestar
Art Expert

Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:26 am

Hope the show is amazing for all who attend.

Please post pictures if you can, thanks.
ArtStylee
Art Enthusiast

Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:04 am

Does anybody know what movies the other Jc Richard prints are from. I don't understand the monkey on a wooly mamoth print, or the spaceship blasting off print. R they inspired by movies or just art prints he's doing. They look great though!
bmunro
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:09 am

ArtStylee wrote:Does anybody know what movies the other Jc Richard prints are from. I don't understand the monkey on a wooly mamoth print, or the spaceship blasting off print. R they inspired by movies or just art prints he's doing. They look great though!

2001 A Space Odyssey for this one, not scenes you see in the films but for Arthur C Clarke enthusiasts who have read the books this is right on the money. Cannot wait for this :clap:
deestar
Art Expert

Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:23 am

Seemed like a good show from what i have seen.

Hope everyone enjoyed themselves and hope you post pics soon.
youngriles
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:29 am

really wish I'd gotten the superman print while i was on buying the jaws one last night.

such beautiful work
Bluecow
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:56 pm

Gallery 1988 posts the work up for sale on their site and nobody is talking about it?

Anyway, JC killed it in my opinion. Very nice stuff. I had to pick up that Moon Watchers print. Luckily I grabbed one before it sold out. The Jaws print is really nice too.

http://nineteeneightyeight.com/collecti ... jc-richard
technique
Art Expert

Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:00 pm

If the Jaws print was Mondo and had the title+credits people would be freaking out right now. :lol:
genericuser
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:57 pm

Would've bought everything if I could afford it :clap: Can't wait for detail shots!
microcosmicmedia
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:20 pm

genericuser wrote:Would've bought everything if I could afford it :clap: Can't wait for detail shots!
Thanks for those kind sentiments- don't know what happened with the crazy tiny preview pics... now that I'm home i'm gonna take some nicer shots.
And to all who came out Friday night- I had so much fun hanging out and talking with everyone. I don't get to talk screenprints, art and culture with many people during my normal day- was so great to geek out with you all.

Wish I could have made it back soon enough to join some of the EB guys for a bite after the show, but hope to be back soon- next time, first round's on me
deestar
Art Expert

Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:02 pm

microcosmicmedia wrote:
genericuser wrote:Would've bought everything if I could afford it :clap: Can't wait for detail shots!
Thanks for those kind sentiments- don't know what happened with the crazy tiny preview pics... now that I'm home i'm gonna take some nicer shots.
And to all who came out Friday night- I had so much fun hanging out and talking with everyone. I don't get to talk screenprints, art and culture with many people during my normal day- was so great to geek out with you all.

Wish I could have made it back soon enough to join some of the EB guys for a bite after the show, but hope to be back soon- next time, first round's on me
Wow, JC you just made my day dude :notworthy: :clap: Thanks for gracing the thread with your presence.

I saw lots of images from the show and was blown away with all your work, you are also one awesome dude.
(if the first round is on you, i am gonna have to fly over to the US for it :wink: )