What is your latest proud print acquisition?

General art-related discussion.
TOTM
Art Expert

Thu May 17, 2012 12:26 pm

Real noice Philpenn, always wanted me some Arkiv...
TOTM
Art Expert

Thu May 17, 2012 12:29 pm

Oh & tack that fudge up, enjoy it!
zefarrett
Art Freak

Thu May 17, 2012 12:35 pm

smellmysocks73 wrote:The Frankenstein test prints were FREE...part of a prize pool for a MS fundraising raffle.

From the moment they were listed as prizes, they were represented accurately. For those folks that didn't take part in the raffle/fundraiser, I suggest you read the comment from graphicjim in finneganm's quote a few posts previous to this one.

Congrats on winning!
Perfectly said. I can't believe this conversation is going on. If anything it gives it personality!
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
ackirkpatrick
Art Expert

Thu May 17, 2012 12:49 pm

Regardless of cost or how the print was acquired, what makes that a test opposed to a reject?
TOTM
Art Expert

Thu May 17, 2012 1:01 pm

Well, a test print really kinda is a reject...
HairyHood
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 17, 2012 1:08 pm

This thread really started reeking of entitlement.
jools
Art Expert

Thu May 17, 2012 1:22 pm

^^^yep
you win pretty much a one-off version of one of the most collectable/desirable prints of recent times in a charity auction, and people are pissed because it's not mint?!?
the mind boggles sometimes
"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/poster ... oster.html
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Thu May 17, 2012 1:24 pm

Philpenn wrote:Thanks, I tried that one a couple months or so ago but never heard back. Figured there was a better email, but I'll just try again.
If email fails, there's a group on Facebook called Silkscreen Poster Fans and Artists. Join that. John posts there on a frequent basis.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Thu May 17, 2012 1:32 pm

TOTM wrote:Oh & tack that fudge up, enjoy it!
Exactly.
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
keefdotorg
Art Expert

Thu May 17, 2012 1:58 pm

stoffel wrote:So my frankestein testprint i won in the MS fundraiser arrived today

and while i fully understand it is a testprint i wonder what i can do with this? it got 4 big tears in the middle of the image? is there anyway i could fix this or something?
or should i just recycle this for old paper
the fold in the middle doesn't really bug me, but 4 holes in the middle of the image?
i had bought test prints and mono prints before but never got something like this.
Yeah, I'd take that off your hands.
nategrove
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 17, 2012 2:08 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:
Philpenn wrote:Thanks, I tried that one a couple months or so ago but never heard back. Figured there was a better email, but I'll just try again.
If email fails, there's a group on Facebook called Silkscreen Poster Fans and Artists. Join that. John posts there on a frequent basis.
John is also a member of EB. I contacted him through a PM here and he was quite responsive.
Baker
Art Expert

Thu May 17, 2012 3:04 pm

Some salty people around here. Its a test print, I have plenty of them that have rips and dings, thats why its a TEST PRINT. My huge burlesque test (thanks again to mistersmith) has some little rips and tears here and there. Who cares. If you want a mint one, then buy one.

That print is awesome and I think lots of people here would be VERY happy to have it.

Also note, this isnt so much at the OP of the poster, but all the people complaining about it.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu May 17, 2012 3:21 pm

amerpsycho.jpg
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
fredo
Art God

Thu May 17, 2012 3:25 pm

ackirkpatrick wrote:When Sperry or many others release a test print it is literally a test, usually missing one of the colors.

A finished print that is destroyed isn't a test it's a reject. I would challenge Tong to explain what makes a damaged print a test.
SEMANTICS FIGHT!!!!
just a foil for me today, thanks
jools
Art Expert

Thu May 17, 2012 3:28 pm

fredo wrote:
ackirkpatrick wrote:When Sperry or many others release a test print it is literally a test, usually missing one of the colors.

A finished print that is destroyed isn't a test it's a reject. I would challenge Tong to explain what makes a damaged print a test.
SEMANTICS FIGHT!!!!
"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/poster ... oster.html