What is your latest proud print acquisition?

General art-related discussion.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Thu May 17, 2012 7:18 am

Arkiv Vilmansa.
DickButt
Art Expert

Thu May 17, 2012 7:30 am

leveronea wrote:
eAkira wrote:From society6. Like it a lot.

Some crease along the border. Im ok with it since it can be matted out.

Where can this be obtained?
http://society6.com/product/Pulp-Street_Print
stoffel
Art Expert

Thu May 17, 2012 9:37 am

So my frankestein testprint i won in the MS fundraiser arrived today

and while i fully understand it is a testprint i wonder what i can do with this? it got 4 big tears in the middle of the image? is there anyway i could fix this or something?
or should i just recycle this for old paper
the fold in the middle doesn't really bug me, but 4 holes in the middle of the image?
i had bought test prints and mono prints before but never got something like this.

i apologize to anyone who fought a grizzly bear to make it to a computer. i appreciate the support.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu May 17, 2012 9:38 am

Send it to postermountain
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Thu May 17, 2012 9:51 am

sidewaysscott wrote:Send it to postermountain
Yep. See if John can work his magic.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
Philpenn
Art Expert

Thu May 17, 2012 10:00 am

What's the best email to send pictures of your damaged print to for an estimate and/or whether or not they can fix the damage? Thanks.
iambillyg
Art Freak

Thu May 17, 2012 10:04 am

Philpenn wrote:What's the best email to send pictures of your damaged print to for an estimate and/or whether or not they can fix the damage? Thanks.
http://www.postermountain.com/ And then, there, postermount@aol.com

While you can send pics and they can give you possible figures, depending in the damage, they will need to see it in person. To flatten creases, usually runs $75.00.

With that Frank, they would need to flatten it to get the middle crease out and to line it all up, then possibly airbrush the tears that do not line up after the flattening process. (Just assumptions of mine though. They have my ripped Mummy and that's what I experienced.)
Philpenn
Art Expert

Thu May 17, 2012 11:11 am

Thanks, I tried that one a couple months or so ago but never heard back. Figured there was a better email, but I'll just try again.
ackirkpatrick
Art Expert

Thu May 17, 2012 11:49 am

Calling something a "test print" is really deceiving and should join the ranks with the word drymount.

What a test print hole.
Last edited by ackirkpatrick on Thu May 17, 2012 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elanmars
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 17, 2012 12:04 pm

stoffel wrote:So my frankestein testprint i won in the MS fundraiser arrived today

and while i fully understand it is a testprint i wonder what i can do with this? it got 4 big tears in the middle of the image? is there anyway i could fix this or something?
or should i just recycle this for old paper
the fold in the middle doesn't really bug me, but 4 holes in the middle of the image?
i had bought test prints and mono prints before but never got something like this.

that sucks...but if you want to sell it to me for a fair price, taking all that into account, holler. ;)
to see some of my photography, click down below!
http://www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography
bone811
Art Expert

Thu May 17, 2012 12:06 pm

I would be pissed if I got that as a test print. That print should be listed as dented, ripped, creased, test print. I don't give a fudge if it is for charity or not. Don't lie about what it is.
finneganm
Art Freak

Thu May 17, 2012 12:09 pm

graphicjim24 wrote:Please note guys:
The nature of test prints. These are literally test prints, so they have tears, dings, and creases in them. I'd just hate to send it off and get accused of damaging them.
- This comes from Kevin Tong himself. However the photos I have of them don't look all that bad.
That's what she said
mycrospazm
Art Expert

Thu May 17, 2012 12:12 pm

bone811 wrote:I would be pissed if I got that as a test print. That print should be listed as dented, ripped, creased, test print. I don't give a fudge if it is for charity or not. Don't lie about what it is.
It was a prize, not something that was outright bought. You people are drymounting ridiculous.
ackirkpatrick
Art Expert

Thu May 17, 2012 12:18 pm

When Sperry or many others release a test print it is literally a test, usually missing one of the colors.

A finished print that is destroyed isn't a test it's a reject. I would challenge Tong to explain what makes a damaged print a test.
smellmysocks73
Art Expert

Thu May 17, 2012 12:23 pm

The Frankenstein test prints were FREE...part of a prize pool for a MS fundraising raffle.

From the moment they were listed as prizes, they were represented accurately. For those folks that didn't take part in the raffle/fundraiser, I suggest you read the comment from graphicjim in finneganm's quote a few posts previous to this one.

Congrats on winning!
srdzevon said, "Oh fudge!!! That's awesome! I hate you".