Official Sylvia Ji thread

General art-related discussion.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:17 am

halftonegraphics wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Which one were ya gonna go for?
calavera azul.

i owned the original print but sold it at some point. i have far too many of her prints in the portfolio. have about as many if not more on the walls though. for the price of todays release, some of her older prints arent going for much more these days.

purple crush and domina were the ones to had, for hand finishing. sadly, passed on those.
Yah I ended up in jury duty on the crush and domina release date. Plus most were sold out before the drop even happened. Happy to have snagged 3 CATRINA, SUEÑO AZUL, since there were 10 i started with this one, then CALAVERA AZUL which I have the orginal print of, so I can sell it. Finally grabbed ALMA ERRANTE the ink/blood running down her neck does it for me.

All in all a happy day. Hoping they get here before xmas...
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:59 am

Oh man, got the prints in today and they are outstanding! Moved the the top of my ridiculously long framing queue.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:49 am

Alma looks great.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:14 pm

if you are in the market for old OGs, 827ink just put up two. $3k each.

http://www.827ink.com/sylvia-jis-untitled/

http://www.827ink.com/sylvia-jis-waiting/
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:34 pm

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Chaser306
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:04 pm

Quick question for the Ji collectors. This is my first time shipping one and am not quite sure how to go about it. I normally receive her prints rolled print side out and was not sure if this should be done when I ship them. My thought was print side out in craft paper. Any info is greatly appreciated. Cheers.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:32 pm

In general, always roll the print the same way ya received it. Giclees are more frequently rolled image side out since this is how they come off the printer. Shouldn't be any exception with her prints.

P.S. What did ya sell/trade?
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:58 pm

what blue said. its mainly due to the roll of the paper. either way will work/be fine.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:01 pm

Codeblue wrote:Image
holy fudge lels
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
Chaser306
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:10 pm

Codeblue wrote:In general, always roll the print the same way ya received it. Giclees are more frequently rolled image side out since this is how they come off the printer. Shouldn't be any exception with her prints.

P.S. What did ya sell/trade?

Buried Alive, but am feeling a little nervous. Crossing my fingers she gets received in one piece. Thanks for all the info. Cheers.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:56 pm

Very excited to announce the next print release with @sylviaji "Calavera Batea" will be available Monday April 10th. 16"x16" image on 18"x18" paper. #sylviaji #otomi #skull #fineart #print

1xRun Referral
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Wed May 17, 2017 8:47 pm

https://www.yesterdays.co/products/st-m ... -sylvia-ji
St. Muerte by Sylvia Ji
$ 12.00

1" Soft Enamel Black Metal Plated Lapel Pin w/ dual post black rubber backer

1xRun Referral
michdmb
New User

Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:45 pm

My wife and I are reluctantly going to list her Buried Alive print as we have nowhere in our new home that it fits the decor. She has owned it since 2009 (bought from Corey Helford gallery). It has been framed since then until this week when we had it taken out and replaced with another print. It is currently stored dry mounted as in the photos. It's in great condition. Wanted to post it here for offers if anyone is still reading this thread before we post it up on eBay. Gallery link below. PM me if questions or if any interest.

https://imgur.com/gallery/yhXRE
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:12 pm

michdmb wrote:My wife and I are reluctantly going to list her Buried Alive print as we have nowhere in our new home that it fits the decor. She has owned it since 2009 (bought from Corey Helford gallery). It has been framed since then until this week when we had it taken out and replaced with another print. It is currently stored dry mounted as in the photos. It's in great condition. Wanted to post it here for offers if anyone is still reading this thread before we post it up on eBay. Gallery link below. PM me if questions or if any interest.

when you say dry mounted, are you saying that it has been mounted to the backer board with adhesive? I might be interested, but dry mounting is a no go for me...
KSUvet
Art Expert

Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:32 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
michdmb wrote:My wife and I are reluctantly going to list her Buried Alive print as we have nowhere in our new home that it fits the decor. She has owned it since 2009 (bought from Corey Helford gallery). It has been framed since then until this week when we had it taken out and replaced with another print. It is currently stored dry mounted as in the photos. It's in great condition. Wanted to post it here for offers if anyone is still reading this thread before we post it up on eBay. Gallery link below. PM me if questions or if any interest.

when you say dry mounted, are you saying that it has been mounted to the backer board with adhesive? I might be interested, but dry mounting is a no go for me...
I'm hoping that was an unfortunate choice of words, because the photo looks like mounting strips.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi