James Jean News and Releases

General art-related discussion.

Postby Greatplainsman on Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:41 am

I can’t see it either
User avatar
Greatplainsman
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 586
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:39 am

Postby Vonschinkel on Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:01 pm

Vonschinkel wrote:Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Very nice print.

edit: Looks like Google Photos is crap for forum posts. Updated with imgur links, click through for bigger versions.


Sorry about the earlier link, not sure what's going on. Updated.
User avatar
Vonschinkel
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 566
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:53 am
Location: Austin, TX
Image

Postby jkw3000 on Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:34 pm

Image
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Trainee
 
Status: Active
Posts: 20756
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC
Image
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby jayper on Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:41 pm

I'm assuming these are two of the others:



User avatar
jayper
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1999
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:02 am

Postby whatisee on Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:08 pm

whatisee
Art Enthusiast
 
Status: Active
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:00 am

Postby bsharp on Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:21 pm

whatisee wrote:https://www.adachi-hanga.com/modern/james2/index_en.html?utm_source=mail20181214-2&amp%3Butm_medium=mail&fbclid=IwAR2KpjulqUifFGefP1qzEK6yEOHVG1GMbdHAe8keGNT-L4TRyjux4ete55I


I like this one a lot more than the previous release he did through them, Dolly Varden.

Image

"Parasola"

Limited Edition: 100
Dimension of picture: 33.3 x 24.0 cm
Type of print: Woodcut print
Paper used: Echizen kizuki hosho washi (produced by living national treasure Ichibei Iwano)
Date of publication: December 2018
Supervision: The Adachi Foundation for the Preservation of Woodcut Printing
Price: 80,000 JPY
bsharp
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 345
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:54 pm

Postby golobulus on Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:27 pm

80,000 yen = $700 dollars

I suppose the edition is pretty low on this.
User avatar
golobulus
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2006
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:47 pm
Location: Queen Creek, AZ

Postby jeffzilla on Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:28 pm

This is great, but over $700 USD is very $$$

Anyone know how much the prints from JoyceHK are going for?

bsharp wrote:
whatisee wrote:https://www.adachi-hanga.com/modern/james2/index_en.html?utm_source=mail20181214-2&amp%3Butm_medium=mail&fbclid=IwAR2KpjulqUifFGefP1qzEK6yEOHVG1GMbdHAe8keGNT-L4TRyjux4ete55I


I like this one a lot more than the previous release he did through them, Dolly Varden.

Image

"Parasola"

Limited Edition: 100
Dimension of picture: 33.3 x 24.0 cm
Type of print: Woodcut print
Paper used: Echizen kizuki hosho washi (produced by living national treasure Ichibei Iwano)
Date of publication: December 2018
Supervision: The Adachi Foundation for the Preservation of Woodcut Printing
Price: 80,000 JPY
User avatar
jeffzilla
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:12 am

Postby jjttdw on Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:40 pm

It is a woodcut which is a whole lot harder than a silk screen. Guesings that is why its pricey.
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5580
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby chaeldub on Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:17 pm

jeffzilla wrote:This is great, but over $700 USD is very $$$

Anyone know how much the prints from JoyceHK are going for?


The four JoyceHK prints are 4800HKD each or $615USD.
User avatar
chaeldub
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 771
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:16 am
Location: Victoria, Australia.

Postby ygolohcysp on Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:12 am

jjttdw wrote:It is a woodcut which is a whole lot harder than a silk screen. Guesings that is why its pricey.

Plus the handmade paper.
User avatar
ygolohcysp
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:57 pm

Postby Gustie13 on Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:08 pm

I'm loving this Traveler. Going to look amazing in my daughter's room once I get it framed up!
Gustie13
New User
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:06 pm

Postby Codeblue on Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:31 pm

These chits look more like watercolors than prints. Really nice stuff. Liked em even better when they were "only" 5 hunge tho.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
 
Status: Active
Posts: 50831
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby madbaki on Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:57 pm

If there is anybody out there that snagged the "Parasola" print, and would let go of it for $250 "service" (on top of the price of the print) I would love to take it off your hands. I'm only looking to get it from the source, and as they only plan to ship out in mid-January, there is still time.
madbaki
Art Enthusiast
 
Status: Active
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 12:49 am

Postby xland333 on Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:09 am

James has been killing it with these print releases!
User avatar
xland333
Member
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:18 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Art Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bethemonkey, Google [Bot], Skrilly and 7 guests