The Josh Keyes Thread

General art-related discussion.

Postby ccsmd598 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:19 pm

mfaith wrote:apple pie with oranges


Image
User avatar
ccsmd598
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 932
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 5:33 pm
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!

Postby chevyav53 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:20 pm

ccsmd598 wrote:
chevyav53 wrote:Still up as it feels as if many are getting tired of overpriced posters..... especially when Mondo and Bottleneck are selling screen prints for 1/3 the price. If it was hand embellished or something and a few bucks more, I'm in.


Bottleneck's release today just had price points of $125/175/195 and release Struzan prints that are $200/225. When it's warranted it's warranted plain and simple.


Yes because Bottleneck released screen prints helps to sell out more quickly... honestly don't know about the Struzan prints.... where were those released?
User avatar
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 309
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Postby lightyears2010 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:22 pm

114 left
User avatar
lightyears2010
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 8456
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:00 am
Location: 1901 west madison street

Postby ccsmd598 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:22 pm

Big Trouble in Little China, Pan's Labyrinth and ET - all released at their screenings and online. Price points of $200 reg/$220-250 variant if I recall correctly. Again, big name artist = big boy prices. Same for the Keyes, it's a wonderful piece by a great artist - the $275 is justifiable.
User avatar
ccsmd598
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 932
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 5:33 pm
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!

Postby jkw3000 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:30 pm

The price point is in keeping with much of Keyes' releases.
User avatar
jkw3000
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 17869
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Image
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby Skrilly on Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:35 pm

chevyav53 wrote:
ccsmd598 wrote:
chevyav53 wrote:Still up as it feels as if many are getting tired of overpriced posters..... especially when Mondo and Bottleneck are selling screen prints for 1/3 the price. If it was hand embellished or something and a few bucks more, I'm in.


Bottleneck's release today just had price points of $125/175/195 and release Struzan prints that are $200/225. When it's warranted it's warranted plain and simple.


Yes because Bottleneck released screen prints helps to sell out more quickly... honestly don't know about the Struzan prints.... where were those released?



I don't know why the screenprint v giclee is such a big deal to you. This isn't still up because its a giclee. Keyes had a very unique style that helped him amass a very large following. He has changed that style and even though he is only getting better, some people still want prints from pre 2014 Josh Keyes. It's hilarious that you think a $250 print from an artist as established as Josh Keyes is overpriced.
Skrilly
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1187
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:07 pm
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Postby chevyav53 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:40 pm

ccsmd598 wrote:Big Trouble in Little China, Pan's Labyrinth and ET - all released at their screenings and online. Price points of $200 reg/$220-250 variant if I recall correctly. Again, big name artist = big boy prices. Same for the Keyes, it's a wonderful piece by a great artist - the $275 is justifiable.


Dude those were SCREEN PRINTS.... exactly my point.

Pan’s Labyrinth - Titled Edition by Drew Struzan - 23-color screen print

The Keys is just posters and I am only commenting why it should not be a surprise they are not sold out. Maybe they will though as lots of fans out there and still a cool piece but would have sold out if a SCREEN PRINT or hand embellished.
User avatar
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 309
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Postby Skrilly on Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:44 pm

chevyav53 wrote:
ccsmd598 wrote:Big Trouble in Little China, Pan's Labyrinth and ET - all released at their screenings and online. Price points of $200 reg/$220-250 variant if I recall correctly. Again, big name artist = big boy prices. Same for the Keyes, it's a wonderful piece by a great artist - the $275 is justifiable.


Dude those were SCREEN PRINTS.... exactly my point.

Pan’s Labyrinth - Titled Edition by Drew Struzan - 23-color screen print

The Keys is just posters and I am only commenting why it should not be a surprise they are not sold out. Maybe they will though as lots of fans out there and still a cool piece but would have sold out if a SCREEN PRINT or hand embellished.



Image
Skrilly
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1187
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:07 pm
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Postby chevyav53 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:03 pm

You must get frustrated every day dealing with yourself, sorry.

Look you bought it, I get it, congrats be happy with your purchase unless you were hoping to flip then I understand why this frustrates you.

But Keyes has 55.5K followers you would think of those at least 300 would love to have this piece if so great, which the image is. But why still up...... Struxan 15K followers and sells out of 400 Big Trouble in Little China... ok yes a classic but come on $200-250 for a remade movie poster (great piece) versus a unique design.... giclee vs screen print

Image
User avatar
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 309
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Postby bubbie on Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:04 pm

luls
User avatar
bubbie
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2836
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 pm
Location: Canada

Postby Skrilly on Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:07 pm

chevyav53 wrote:You must get frustrated every day dealing with yourself, sorry.

Look you bought it, I get it, congrats be happy with your purchase unless you were hoping to flip then I understand why this frustrates you.

But Keyes has 55.5K followers you would think of those at least 300 would love to have this piece if so great, which the image is. But why still up...... Struxan 15K followers and sells out of 400 Big Trouble in Little China... ok yes a classic but come on $200-250 for a remade movie poster (great piece) versus a unique design.... giclee vs screen print

Image


I didn't buy it. I also explained why some of his recent images haven't flown off the shelf. It has nothing to do with them being giclees either. You seem to be really hung up on that argument and are not taking any other variables into account here. I really wish you'd go to your UAA utopia and stay there.
Skrilly
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1187
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:07 pm
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Postby jkw3000 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:09 pm

Clearly the database is wrong because all the sold-out $250-350 Keyes prints of the past were actually screenprints. #fakedatabase
User avatar
jkw3000
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 17869
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Image
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby Skrilly on Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:12 pm

jkw3000 wrote:Clearly the database is wrong because all the sold-out $250-350 Keyes prints of the past were actually screenprints. #fakedatabase


:lol:
Skrilly
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1187
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:07 pm
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Postby ccsmd598 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:26 pm

chevyav53 wrote:Still up as it feels as if many are getting tired of overpriced posters..... especially when Mondo and Bottleneck are selling screen prints for 1/3 the price. If it was hand embellished or Sonny Sundancer drags his sack across it, I'm in.


fixed
User avatar
ccsmd598
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 932
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 5:33 pm
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!

Postby kansasbbq on Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:31 pm

+0

easy pass
kansasbbq
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 15844
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq

PreviousNext

Return to Art Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bookreader, chalkdust, Ed1981, Irishman12 and 13 guests