The Josh Keyes Thread

General art-related discussion.
murdock
Art Expert

Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:56 pm

With an outstanding new body of work opening at Roq La Rue today, I say it's high time we give Josh an "official" thread to distill news, rumors, releases and praise into.

Who's with me?

:cheers:
Don’t deal with MillerTime04 - he’s a scammer
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:02 pm

joshkeyes.co.uk
murdock
Art Expert

Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:26 pm

technique
Art Expert

Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:25 pm

Surprised one hadn't been started yet and long overdue so thanks for this. I'd personally like to see Lifted 2 as a large format print and Drifting as a tiny showcase print in the future. :drool:
Tominator
Art Connoisseur

Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:15 pm

Hmmm i'm a little disappointed that JK has indicated Lifted II could be the next print - not a really a fan of it. In fact his new body of work isnt doing a great deal for me at the moment (except exodus which i love) - maybe it will grow on me.

Would much rather a release from the Tangled series but i think that appears to have been skipped over. Namely one of these 2:

murdock
Art Expert

Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:17 pm

technique wrote:Surprised one hadn't been started yet and long overdue so thanks for this. I'd personally like to see Lifted 2 as a large format print and Drifting as a tiny showcase print in the future. :drool:
Couldn't really believe it either... ;)

And OH YEAH on the print wishes :D
murdock
Art Expert

Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:38 pm

Check out Arrested Motion's amazing pics of the Roq La Rue opening last night.

Lots more on their page!
kingburdy
Art Connoisseur

Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:25 pm

Looks like a great show, maybe someday I'll see some OG stuff. Definitely a clear theme here, the pieces conjure feelings of frustration when comes to zoo's and circus's. I'm an animal lover and have never enjoyed going to the zoo it's actually very sad to see such complex creatures treated like material things.
alison03
Art Expert

Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:36 pm

kingburdy wrote:Looks like a great show, maybe someday I'll see some OG stuff. Definitely a clear theme here, the pieces conjure feelings of frustration when comes to zoo's and circus's. I'm an animal lover and have never enjoyed going to the zoo it's actually very sad to see such complex creatures treated like material things.
This!!!

I hate seeing them caged up and gawked at. It breaks my heart to see lions and tigers (and others) just pacing around the walls of its enclosure...just doing laps over and over and not allowed to be free.
jumpinjeza
Art Expert

Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:06 pm

alison03 wrote:
kingburdy wrote:Looks like a great show, maybe someday I'll see some OG stuff. Definitely a clear theme here, the pieces conjure feelings of frustration when comes to zoo's and circus's. I'm an animal lover and have never enjoyed going to the zoo it's actually very sad to see such complex creatures treated like material things.
This!!!

I hate seeing them caged up and gawked at. It breaks my heart to see lions and tigers (and others) just pacing around the walls of its enclosure...just doing laps over and over and not allowed to be free.
You should go to the zoo in Phuket in Thailand :hanging: :hanging: :hanging: :hanging:
trarex wrote:I find this very disturbing.
The only adult in that video is a black guy hanging out with the whitest 12 year olds on the planet.
Lomier66
Art Expert

Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:23 am

murdock wrote:With an outstanding new body of work opening at Roq La Rue today, I say it's high time we give Josh an "official" thread to distill news, rumors, releases and praise into.

Who's with me?

:cheers:

Can’t believe Keyes didn’t have a thread already :shock: . Good work starting one up. :clap:
HAND DRAWN 1/1 OG's COMING SOON http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/
murdock
Art Expert

Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:37 am

I hope all the various threads consolidate here (a little), so it's easier to follow new things and get the latest info faster (for people like me, who mainly navigate through "your posts" and not "new posts" ;) ).
dinkydoggy
Art Expert

Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:57 pm

All pre-orders (500 of them), via the link below, will get a specially made signed book plate/collector's card by Josh Keyes, exclusive to Hi-Fructose.
http://store.hifructose.com/collections ... -pre-order
PLUSH
Art Expert

Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:03 pm

Has this been mentioned? Josh Keys signed cover?

http://shop.laminatemostwanted.com/prod ... -graffters
shagdonk
Art Expert

Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:08 pm

dinkydoggy wrote:All pre-orders (500 of them), via the link below, will get a specially made signed book plate/collector's card by Josh Keyes, exclusive to Hi-Fructose.
http://store.hifructose.com/collections ... -pre-order
Thanks for the link Dinky! Curious to know what a signed book plate/collector's card is.. Any ideas?