Art Expert

Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:29 pm

$48 international shipping - ouch! :evil:
Don’t deal with MillerTime04 - he’s a scammer
danklax5
Art Expert

Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:55 pm

shagdonk wrote:
dinkydoggy wrote:All pre-orders (500 of them), via the link below, will get a specially made signed book plate/collector's card by Josh Keyes, exclusive to Hi-Fructose.
http://store.hifructose.com/collections ... -pre-order
Thanks for the link Dinky! Curious to know what a signed book plate/collector's card is.. Any ideas?
+1
Image T.K.C.
duckyhoward
Art Expert

Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:55 pm

murdock wrote:$48 international shipping - ouch! :evil:
Is does sting. Perhaps they could have a word with Amazon. Their shipping would be less that $10 probably for a comparable book to Europe/Australia. Couldn't resist though. :D
"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.
carcrash
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:02 pm

Thanks for the heads up, been looking forward to these.
alteridiom
Art Expert

Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:07 pm

At $75 I would like to know what I am actually purchasing. I'll have to wait/pass for now.
Small town pizza lawyer
murdock
Art Expert

Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:08 pm

sixstringer wrote:books are heavy
Of course I got one 8)
Don’t deal with MillerTime04 - he’s a scammer
carcrash
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:11 pm

The first couple editions of these are great. If you don't already receive Hi-Fructose, these make for a great best of. Lots of great photos of work, and insightful stories. The "extras" in these special editions are always well put together. You can probably find the standalone version for less later on, but - the first couple of these have been worth the price.
duckyhoward
Art Expert

Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:15 pm

alteridiom wrote:At $75 I would like to know what I am actually purchasing. I'll have to wait/pass for now.
Looks like you get a few interesting bits and pieces. but it's all about the additional items from Josh for me.

you get this 'interesting' Mark Ryden face mask - for when you may be next attending a fancy dress or masquerades ball :?

"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.
Wenters
Art Enthusiast

Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:15 pm

$210 for 2 books delivered to the UK ($61 shipping)....might be worth pairing up!?
KennyRE317
Art Expert

Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:16 pm

dinkydoggy wrote:All pre-orders (500 of them), via the link below, will get a specially made signed book plate/collector's card by Josh Keyes, exclusive to Hi-Fructose.
i was going to make a separate thread for the book release but now that i've found this one maybe i won't do it
dinkydoggy
Art Expert

Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:19 pm

shagdonk wrote:
Thanks for the link Dinky! Curious to know what a signed book plate/collector's card is.. Any ideas?
You're very welcome, Shagdonk. And no, I have no idea what a book plate/collector card is. I'm guessing it's about the same size as the book and on card stock, which would end up being a mini-print of sorts. Pretty cool, if that's what it is.
KennyRE317
Art Expert

Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:19 pm

carcrash wrote:The first couple editions of these are great. If you don't already receive Hi-Fructose, these make for a great best of. Lots of great photos of work, and insightful stories. The "extras" in these special editions are always well put together. You can probably find the standalone version for less later on, but - the first couple of these have been worth the price.
will agree with this. i have the first 2 volumes and the book itself has great content and the boxsets have alot of little bonus's and mini prints that make it an easy purcahse for me
KennyRE317
Art Expert

Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:21 pm

i'm also hoping it means a small mini print around 8x10, so i can frame it with my tiny showcase prints
shagdonk
Art Expert

Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:31 pm

dinkydoggy wrote:
shagdonk wrote:
You're very welcome, Shagdonk. And no, I have no idea what a book plate/collector card is. I'm guessing it's about the same size as the book and on card stock, which would end up being a mini-print of sorts. Pretty cool, if that's what it is.
I'm sure it's going to be 'cool' whatever it is. I forwarded the link over to Santa. This will make a great stocking stuffer! I have giant feet.

What Is a Signed Bookplate?

A bookplate is a small card or label adhered inside a book, typically to the inside front cover, designating either the book's author or the book's owner. Also known as ex libris, meaning "from the library of" in Latin, a signed bookplate with its author's or owner's signature can range from a basic library card to an elaborate design engraved by a famous artist.