Ebay buyer HELP!

General art-related discussion.
vorphilack
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 11, 2007 9:21 am

I bought a Obey print off of Ebay from a seller with a 462 perfect score. Advertised as shipping great, overnight, etc.

Paid for item
1) Item is insured up to $100 through FedEX (overnight)
2) Paid Via Pay
3) item advertised as MINT with sharp corners.

I get print yesterday and
1) Return address is a corporate business (using the company post?)
2) Its in a triangle but still in the:
3) ORGINAL OG TUBE, ORIGINAL paper, just a new piece of tape put over the old to close it back up
4) Item arrives with heavy corner fuzzing and a big dent.

Now he wants pictures sent to an off-site email address?

how would you proceed?
Blackheart
Art Expert

Fri May 11, 2007 9:35 am

send the pictures. Go ahead and play his game till you feel like he is jerking you around.

The real question is do you like the print? If you do than put it in a frame and forget about it what else can you do? If you send it back could you get another one at the same price? Remember there are only 300 of most of these, and some times getting a new one is really though.

Just my 2 cents
Flimby

Fri May 11, 2007 9:39 am

vorphilack wrote:I bought a Obey print off of Ebay from a seller with a 462 perfect score. Advertised as shipping great, overnight, etc.

Paid for item
1) Item is insured up to $100 through FedEX (overnight)
2) Paid Via Pay
3) item advertised as MINT with sharp corners.

I get print yesterday and
1) Return address is a corporate business (using the company post?)
2) Its in a triangle but still in the:
3) ORGINAL OG TUBE, ORIGINAL paper, just a new piece of tape put over the old to close it back up
4) Item arrives with heavy corner fuzzing and a big dent.

Now he wants pictures sent to an off-site email address?

how would you proceed?
send the pics and try to work it out, then take it from there, keeping in mind that you have 45 days to file a paypal claim if needed
vorphilack
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 11, 2007 10:23 am

He said he doesn't know any better ways to ship. I linked him to the EB shipping wiki. He is too cheap to buy new tubes for his 400% profit margin :roll:

There are 150 of these and I did get a good price. I'll tread lightly.

He is also selling the Darfur print and stuff he doesn't have in hand (hasn't even been shipped yet). So collecting does not seem to be his goal.

I do have recourse through pay-pal, ebay feedback and he is protected with his shipping insurance. (but they'll tell him to shove it probably). With his perfect feedback to protect he'll probably just give me my money back and relist it.

If all else fails, he was stupid and used his corporate fed-ex label/#. I'll just call around at his work and ask if its policy to use corporate shipping for personal ebay shipping. But thats just my ace up my sleeve.

I don't mean to be harsh. EBAY SUCKS. EBEANS RULES. (ive never gotten let down here, best packing and shipping, kind folks, good prices)
moemoe6434
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 11, 2007 10:59 am

vorphilack wrote:He said he doesn't know any better ways to ship. I linked him to the EB shipping wiki. He is too cheap to buy new tubes for his 400% profit margin :roll:
I recycle tubes all the time.... what is wrong with this?
deliahdelyon
Art Freak

Fri May 11, 2007 11:11 am

moemoe6434 wrote:
vorphilack wrote:He said he doesn't know any better ways to ship. I linked him to the EB shipping wiki. He is too cheap to buy new tubes for his 400% profit margin :roll:
I haven't bought a new tube for years :lol:
franklinstowr
Flipper

Fri May 11, 2007 11:20 am

The tubes Obey Giant uses are prone to damage, which is why I don't re-use them
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri May 11, 2007 11:20 am

deliahdelyon wrote:
moemoe6434 wrote:
I haven't bought a new tube for years :lol:
Fo shizzle
vorphilack
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 11, 2007 11:35 am

I got a closet of tubes.... and I recycle all the time when I ship, but I ALWAYS throw away the Obey Giant ones.
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Fri May 11, 2007 11:49 am

Don't toss 'em - recycle them (for real). Yazoos I'll reuse till the layers start stripping (as well as the heavier Uline ones).
Tra la la la la...
MJBuck
Art Expert

Fri May 11, 2007 12:26 pm

franklinstowr wrote:The tubes Obey Giant uses are prone to damage, which is why I don't re-use them
I'll use them only to ship with another tube inside. All of the Obey prints I have sold have been sent that way.
mwelche

Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:00 am

thats good to know. although ive never gotten a damaged print from obey in those tubes
phishbeatles
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:54 am

If you want to keep the print, maybe see if he would be willing to refund some of the money and let you keep the print. That way both parties are happy.