Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:45 am

acidburn wrote:Judging by most of the posts, it seemed like a majority of people enjoyed their tubes. Thanks to everyone that did pick one up.
FWIW - I would have picked one up if I weren't asleep.

How's the Mac and Me print coming?
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
ifonly216
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:08 am

I bought the first one just for the capsule and hoped I would get a print I liked. I didn't but what I got was worth a good bit more than what I paid and I got the capsule!! I will definitely buy a bng mystery tube again, as I have in the past. Just my two cents. :pint:
" time wounds all the heals"
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:13 am

andrewg520 wrote:
ArchibaldTuttle wrote:Literal fudge? Bonus!

What did you get and how bad was the damage? In my experience you can't really expect perfectly mint prints in a mystery tube, and BNG is wayyyy better than most. And surely it was worth more than $65 or whatever.
Thanks for replying like a real human and not like a d**k like everyone else on this website. probably could flip some, but still pretty disappointed.
I got:
-zi xu blade runner regular (terrible)

-mark englert i will not be the last jedi timed edition... like if i wanted the timed edition i would of got the timed edition when it was open. And i didn't want it at all. That one i could resell to make my money back, but idk who would really want that.

-Zeb Love Here comes sunshine (just terrible and worthless IMO)

-Hans woody Temple of Doom (I just don't care for it)

-Mark Chilcott loser rick (i hate rick and morty and a 8 x 8 print is just useless)

-first glance only dinged up edges, but I need to look closer.

Last tube had doaly spiderman (school hallway one) with the top right corner dog eared. Then the remainder just the edges all dinged up. At least that tube had decent things in it. This was just a waste. I know i bargained for that by getting a mystery tube, but I am still tremendously disappointed in it. The blade runner is absolute poo. They really just want that out of their gallery i guess. I would too.

- I know i took a chance at ordering another, but i was just hoping to get something i'd like. before y'all d**kheads hop on and start commenting "then why'd you buy another", 1) because I can and 2) because i can still express my opinion if i want to. Don't like it? don't read it/reply. Simple solution. Thanks.
Interesting. All I've gotten in my tube were old and even older stouts. Go figure.
andrewg520 wrote:They really just want that out of their gallery i guess. I would too.
I don't know, man. If they just wanted that fudge out of the gallery, I don't think they would send me the old and even older stouts.

Also,

ccsmd598
Art Expert

Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:28 am

Complaining about a mystery tube takes a special kind of EBer
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
Trungtastic
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:43 am

andrewg520 wrote:
ArchibaldTuttle wrote:Literal fudge? Bonus!

What did you get and how bad was the damage? In my experience you can't really expect perfectly mint prints in a mystery tube, and BNG is wayyyy better than most. And surely it was worth more than $65 or whatever.
Thanks for replying like a real human and not like a d**k like everyone else on this website. probably could flip some, but still pretty disappointed.
I got:
-zi xu blade runner regular (terrible)

-mark englert i will not be the last jedi timed edition... like if i wanted the timed edition i would of got the timed edition when it was open. And i didn't want it at all. That one i could resell to make my money back, but idk who would really want that.

-Zeb Love Here comes sunshine (just terrible and worthless IMO)

-Hans woody Temple of Doom (I just don't care for it)

-Mark Chilcott loser rick (i hate rick and morty and a 8 x 8 print is just useless)

-first glance only dinged up edges, but I need to look closer.

Last tube had doaly spiderman (school hallway one) with the top right corner dog eared. Then the remainder just the edges all dinged up. At least that tube had decent things in it. This was just a waste. I know i bargained for that by getting a mystery tube, but I am still tremendously disappointed in it. The blade runner is absolute poo. They really just want that out of their gallery i guess. I would too.

- I know i took a chance at ordering another, but i was just hoping to get something i'd like. before y'all d**kheads hop on and start commenting "then why'd you buy another", 1) because I can and 2) because i can still express my opinion if i want to. Don't like it? don't read it/reply. Simple solution. Thanks.
this guy is absolutely 16 years old
blondeonblonde
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:38 pm

So you guys are debating with someone who doesn't care about a Temple of Doom print in a MT and who hates Rick & Morty.... mmmkay.

Btw, my Mystery Tube (Capsule edition) was stellar:

-Alice X Zhang - Leia (I was hoping to get that one since BNG teased the content on IG)
-Karl Fitzgerald - Metropolis (That I almost bought at the time of the release)
-Raid 71 - Twelve Monkeys (I also passed on that one but almost bought it, and it's just incredible in person)
-Doaly - Wonder Woman (Not crazy about it but still a great print)
-Mark Chilcott - Batman (The only one I really wanted from the 5 options)

I like them all :D
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:48 pm

Something something check your emails if you bought a Struzan before something something time to die
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:21 pm

jkw3000 wrote:Something something check your emails if you bought a Struzan before something something time to die
thanks!

and thanks Joe/BNG!!

:pint:
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:33 pm

jkw3000 wrote:Something something check your emails if you bought a Struzan before something something time to die

Easy +2. Dat loyalty discount and bottlebux use made this a very sweet deal.

:banana:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:39 pm

How did ya stack the codes?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:44 pm

Codeblue wrote:How did ya stack the codes?
Loyalty was Joe knocking off a few quid and just me using bux the rest of the way. No stacking or coding shenanigans over here I'm afraid.

All coding advice ( and shenanigans) is gratefully accepted tho. 8)

rubberneck
Art God

Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:52 pm

I'm glad they went with the classic clean title block color and font on the title edition, the Final Cut One sheet titles are like early crude computer graphics.

:hanging:

Art print is my preference tho. Fingers crossed Struzan can keep his flourish of the pen on sigs to a minimum. 8)

Now commission Drew to do BR2049 Joe!

robertozanzi
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:17 pm

Thanks dude!
Pawel
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:39 pm

Got the art edition. Have a couple of day to decide on the other one
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:42 pm

https://bottleneckgallery.com/blogs/new ... -sale-info

Blade Runner Titled Edition by Drew Struzan
15-color screen print
24 x 36 inches
Edition size will be determined by the number of prints sold through Sunday, January 20th @ 11:59PM ET
$135 unsigned / $185 signed
Please allow 6 - 8 weeks for shipping

Blade Runner Art Print Edition by Drew Struzan
15-color screen print
24 x 36 inches
Signed and hand-numbered edition of 225
$200
Please allow 6 - 8 weeks for shipping
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.