Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
IndyDMBFan
Art Expert

Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:50 pm

Love the Superman print, happy to be able to grab one.
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:01 pm

If you bought the Gleason Halloween and want to go campin', check your emails.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Citizenkane
Art Enthusiast

Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:20 pm

All the versions look great, but as soon as bought the GID one i kinda regretted not getting just the regular edition one :(
lostmyoldid
Art Enthusiast

Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:27 pm

Will the Friday the 13th posters get a general release?
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:34 pm

https://bottleneckgallery.com/blogs/new ... ttery-info
Jim’s print will be available via lottery on Wednesday (12/12) @ 12PM ET on our homepage, Bottleneckgallery.com! The lottery will run until 12:30PM ET. Winners will be notified after the lottery has concluded through email, and they will have 15 minutes to complete their purchase. No purchase necessary to enter, just checkout with the free lottery entry to be entered to win the chance to purchase the print.
Phish - Hampton Coliseum 2018 by Jim Pollock
Linocut print
12.5 x 12.5 inches
Signed and hand-numbered Artist Edition of 100
$50
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
andrewg520
Art Enthusiast

Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:56 pm

why do a reproduction of a movie poster and not include the credits on the poster? Had to pass, not as good as it could of been. It just looks weird with just the title on it..I wonder how many movie poster print runs bottleneck is going to continue to do too. Don't diminish y'all's name by turning to too many reproductions, 2 in 3 months is pretty close together already. I might be the only one with these opinions, but y'all should really spread out these types of runs.
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:01 pm

andrewg520 wrote:why do a reproduction of a movie poster and not include the credits on the poster? Had to pass, not as good as it could of been. It just looks weird with just the title on it..I wonder how many movie poster print runs bottleneck is going to continue to do too. Don't diminish y'all's name by turning to too many reproductions, 2 in 3 months is pretty close together already. I might be the only one with these opinions, but y'all should really spread out these types of runs.
Seems like their choices have all been instant sell outs....so why stop making something that sells?
bert
Art Expert

Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:07 pm

andrewg520 wrote:why do a reproduction of a movie poster and not include the credits on the poster?
I guess it's to do with licensing - perhaps also the reason why the campers have gone AWOL?
acidburn
Art Daddy

Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:13 pm

andrewg520 wrote:why do a reproduction of a movie poster and not include the credits on the poster? Had to pass, not as good as it could of been. It just looks weird with just the title on it..I wonder how many movie poster print runs bottleneck is going to continue to do too. Don't diminish y'all's name by turning to too many reproductions, 2 in 3 months is pretty close together already. I might be the only one with these opinions, but y'all should really spread out these types of runs.
It's a great question and the truth is that I watch and see what everyone likes and wants and I do my best with whatever assets I have to get it done. I follow specific markets. Have been doing it for the past 6 1/2 years and it's been working out thankfully for us.

For the most part, obviously with the exception of the Superman, I believe most of our reproductions have been with the actual artist that did it. The same will go with the nxt few reproductions we do. I've had the pleasure of talking to Drew Struzan, Matthew Peak, Bob Gleason, and Spiros Angelikas. Artists who I personally have admired growing up. Doing our best to work with estates of other artists as well two other artists that not only are we reproducing their posters but doing new work with. Don't think its diminishing our name at all.

Matthew Peak's NOES and Drew Struzan's Blade Runner up in January. In regards to the credits, certain studios allow (less then most) and like I said above, we do the best with what we have access to. Also, not sure if you were on the email but this reproduction has also led us to his Friday the 13th Part 2 poster being approved by WB that was never released before. We have to do a lot of work on it so im not sure how possible it is but itll be a project for us in January.
I guess it's to do with licensing - perhaps also the reason why the campers have gone AWOL?
The kids weren't in the original concept apparently.
andrewg520
Art Enthusiast

Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:26 pm

acidburn wrote:
It's a great question and the truth is that I watch and see what everyone likes and wants and I do my best with whatever assets I have to get it done. I follow specific markets. Have been doing it for the past 6 1/2 years and it's been working out thankfully for us.

For the most part, obviously with the exception of the Superman, I believe most of our reproductions have been with the actual artist that did it. The same will go with the new few reproductions we do. I've had the pleasure of talking to Drew Struzan, Matthew Peak, Bob Gleason, and Spiros Angelikas. Artists who I personally have admired growing up. Doing our best to work with estates of other artists as well two other artists that not only are we reproducing their posters but doing new work with. Don't think its diminishing our name at all.

Matthew Peak's NOES and Drew Struzan's Blade Runner up in January. In regards to the credits, certain studios allow (less then most) and like I said above, we do the best with what we have access to. Also, not sure if you were on the email but this reproduction has also led us to his Friday the 13th Part 2 poster being approved by WB that was never released before. We have to do a lot of work on it so im not sure how possible it is but itll be a project for us in January.
I have no idea why i completely forgot about the past NMOES ones, i even own one smh lol. I don't necessarily mean diminish, but i guess when i think of y'all's name i think more of the alternative movie poster type aspect, ignoring the fact y'all actually do these often and seem to be well known for it (congrats on the F13 Part 2 that will be badass). I just was quick to type about it without thinking more. My apologies
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:29 pm

Wow bottleneck gallery is still around? :shock:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
andrewg520
Art Enthusiast

Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:33 pm

acidburn wrote:

For the most part, obviously with the exception of the Superman, I believe most of our reproductions have been with the actual artist that did it. The same will go with the nxt few reproductions we do. I've had the pleasure of talking to Drew Struzan, Matthew Peak, Bob Gleason, and Spiros Angelikas. Artists who I personally have admired growing up. Doing our best to work with estates of other artists as well two other artists that not only are we reproducing their posters but doing new work with. Don't think its diminishing our name at all.

that's weird about the kids, i see some people selling original one sheets without the kids, but the original one sheet i have has the kids on it. I wonder when they decided to put the kids on it
acidburn
Art Daddy

Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:38 pm

andrewg520 wrote:
acidburn wrote:

For the most part, obviously with the exception of the Superman, I believe most of our reproductions have been with the actual artist that did it. The same will go with the new few reproductions we do. I've had the pleasure of talking to Drew Struzan, Matthew Peak, Bob Gleason, and Spiros Angelikas. Artists who I personally have admired growing up. Doing our best to work with estates of other artists as well two other artists that not only are we reproducing their posters but doing new work with. Don't think its diminishing our name at all.

I have no idea why i completely forgot about the past NMOES ones, i even own one smh lol. I don't necessarily mean diminish, but i guess when i think of y'all's name i think more of the alternative movie poster type aspect, ignoring the fact y'all actually do these often and seem to be well known for it (congrats on the F13 Part 2 that will be badass). I just was quick to type about it without thinking more. My apologies
I like to think that we try everything out over here. We never just do one thing. It's fun and doesn't hurt anyone. I've seen other places do far worse then reproducing older posters and their reputation is just fine.

I also definitely give the credit to Mondo with the reproducing the older work. I think people do enjoy it for the most part.
dmm8878
Art Expert

Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:50 pm

You do you, Bottleneck.

:banana:
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
andrewg520
Art Enthusiast

Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:09 pm

acidburn wrote:
andrewg520 wrote:
acidburn wrote:

I like to think that we try everything out over here. We never just do one thing. It's fun and doesn't hurt anyone. I've seen other places do far worse then reproducing older posters and their reputation is just fine.

I also definitely give the credit to Mondo with the reproducing the older work. I think people do enjoy it for the most part.
I think it can be good thing to do, especially with the Halloween, not having to pay $400+ for a one sheet and its signed by Gleason is really badass. So with the Struzan and Peak in January, are they gonna be signed by the artist or anything? The NMOES ones released by y'all so far have not been signed, which is a bummer. Noticed the F13 is signed, any chances of the new NMOES one being signed?