Horkey/Dead Arts Rumors and News

General art-related discussion.
clocascio
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:18 am

Codeblue wrote:
KSUvet wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:
Stingers wrote:Might sound obvious but there will only be a per show amount sold if the headliners specifically request it.
I hear ya. Denver is the 2nd show on tour with Birds in Row so there should be a few prints left over after the Albuquerque show. That's what I'm hoping. Ironically enough, last Converge show was also a Horkey print @ the Triple Rock back in '12. Fingers crossed.

:cheers:
Hmm, 3rd stop is within striking distance. I'm pretty sure I would not enjoy this show, but now I'm thinking about getting a ticket. 8)
Anyone make it out to one of the shows yet? I'm considering hitting the show tomorrow, but will prolly pass if the poster is gone. Already seen Converge before so it ain't like it would be a first.
I was at the show in Orange County and I was able to get a print pretty easily. It looked like they were available at least by the time Converge played, which was when I last looked at the merch table.

And FYI, they are $100 each and the merch people only have rubber bands. Stay safe out there... :P
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:33 am

Damn. $100 from merch? $40 @ the Triple Rock in '12 vs. $100 @ the Ogden in '18. Times are a changin'...
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
SwampButt
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:10 am

Do they still play Saddest Day or Conduit? Best hxc singalongs ever
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:26 am

comountaingolf wrote:Damn. $100 from merch? $40 @ the Triple Rock in '12 vs. $100 @ the Ogden in '18. Times are a changin'...
Aaron and Brandon's Graveyard print from a couple years ago was $100.
So it goes...
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:19 pm

Hork ain't for the poors no mo.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:07 pm

Especially when you can’t buy a standard frame to put his stuff in. Custom framing only.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:18 pm

Codeblue wrote:
KSUvet wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:
Stingers wrote:Might sound obvious but there will only be a per show amount sold if the headliners specifically request it.
I hear ya. Denver is the 2nd show on tour with Birds in Row so there should be a few prints left over after the Albuquerque show. That's what I'm hoping. Ironically enough, last Converge show was also a Horkey print @ the Triple Rock back in '12. Fingers crossed.

Hmm, 3rd stop is within striking distance. I'm pretty sure I would not enjoy this show, but now I'm thinking about getting a ticket. 8)
Anyone make it out to one of the shows yet? I'm considering hitting the show tomorrow, but will prolly pass if the poster is gone. Already seen Converge before so it ain't like it would be a first.
Go for Neurosis. Last night was the best set I've ever seen from them.
8=====D~~~~
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:19 pm

BlakeAronson wrote:
Kramerica wrote:$200 for that Converge is a steal.
I doubt it's in stock, i just checked out and it still shows as available, I'm sure I'm not the first person either. If it shows up I'll be pretty happy.
I got refunded promptly with an apology. Someone bought it minutes before me. Someone scored. Even that Andrew Bird was tempting.
8=====D~~~~
KSUvet
Art Expert

Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:40 pm

What's going on with the current IG story?
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:42 pm

Shots of recent(ish) prints
So it goes...
bluebirdsong
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:33 pm

Will the APs of the new converge print go online after tour you think? Been trying to get a PB with very little luck.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:58 pm

BlakeAronson wrote:
Codeblue wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:

Go for Neurosis. Last night was the best set I've ever seen from them.
Ended up making it to the show. Didn't seem to be any limit for posters if ya were willing to pay for it. There was a very small pile on the table. Not sure if that's all of em or just what they decided to put out for the night. At $100 a pop they definitely weren't moving very many that night.

Neurosis set was pretty good fudge.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
kansasbbq
Art God

Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:51 pm

How many did you buy?
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:11 am

Just a couple.
bluebirdsong
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:22 am

Codeblue wrote:Just a couple.
What color was the paper? Offwhite, ivory, bone? When a red one goes up for sale I'll be curious to see the secondary market price since it has a lower editioning. Why does everything horkey have to be custom framed :-(