Framed Moss Thread

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.
kansasbbq
Art God

Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:59 am

tlaz wrote:That frame might house them but it is too much frame and not enough Mossomeness!
Agreed. My eyes went directly to the frame instead of the art.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
MrAdamDuke
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:27 pm

tlaz wrote:Some REALLLLY good looking stuff here! Duke when did you get ALWW 5?!
Here is something I put together. Sorry the the picture sucks. It is next to my bed so it is the first thing I see when i roll out of bed in the morning. :pint: :pint:
I grabbed it maybe about a year ago when it popped up on ebay, I think I've seen one on there since then :/ Surprised I don't see more since there was an timed edition yellow version available that apparently sold a ton. Love your ep. 6 one... thats my fave Olly print ever.

Oh and hey, just got these babies framed! Hopefully up on the wall soon...

Olly Moss ISO's:
A Life Well Wasted ep. 1
A Life Well Wasted ep. 4
iambillyg
Art Freak

Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:57 pm

:drool:

Be sick if that was one solid frame.
kryptonite
Art Expert

Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:11 pm

iambillyg wrote::drool:

Be sick if that was one solid frame.
Agreed. Still, very nice. Wonder how much that cost.
rubenjleal
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:37 am

SurfingJeff wrote:
rubenjleal wrote:Just added the newly acquired Double Ghost to the wall a couple minutes ago. Was surprised to see that it was #420, :ziggi: Thanks to ericgarza1201 for the kick@$$ DG framing idea. Moss' The Bat should be up hopefully by the weekend if not early next week.
This is just a shameless excuse to re-post that incredible Indy frame job. :wink: I fully support you in this and expect to see Indy again once the Bat arrives :drool:
SurfingJeff, as requested, The Bat arrived and landed right on the wall. Also added both AWIL's shortly after that, and then reacquired Totoro last night. Its been a fun ride. Now time to work on my Stout wall.
Olly_Wall.jpg
ISO: Stout Revenge of the Jedi
ISO: Slater Occasional Acid Flashback variant
ISO: Ansin Moon (reg)
SurfingJeff
Art Expert

Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:38 am

^^^

Now there's a nice looking Moss wall! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
T.H.C.
lostlyrix
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:44 pm

It is always to have them side by side (w/ matching numbers) :D
Sorry about the crappy image.
iambillyg
Art Freak

Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:13 pm

Nice simple frame up.

I was just looking at my Totoro variant last night thinking of possible frame ideas.
lostlyrix
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:12 pm

Thanks. I think all the matting ones in previous posts look amazing. But I just like the simpilcity of the frame, and of course the price :wink:
Besides, the non-glare UV glass looks way cooler than the glaring ones.
rubenjleal
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:45 pm

Nice job on the Totoro set. Having a the set, plus matching #'s is pretty awesome.
ISO: Stout Revenge of the Jedi
ISO: Slater Occasional Acid Flashback variant
ISO: Ansin Moon (reg)
jlabbate
Art Freak

Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:47 pm

SurfingJeff wrote:^^^

Now there's a nice looking Moss wall! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
a Wa-lly?
or Wall-E?
:P
Leshita
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:21 pm

Hi guys,

I am going to be framing up my Mario and Totoro prints soon once I receive them and am looking for framing ideas / tips.
Is there any colour differences when viewing between non-glare UV and glare UV? I was also just looking up on a frame shop's Website and they listed something called 'museum glass' which they say is the best, but I have no idea what that is (blocks 100% of UV rays apparently, instead of 97%).

I really like what lostlyrix did with his Totoro set so I will likely just go for something like that, with maybe a slightly thicker bezel (or may not).
Baker
Art Expert

Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:52 pm

Without typing a lot, cause im lazy and drinking right now. Your biggest difference between regular UV and Museum glass is museum glass is going to be nearly glare free. Looks fantastic, also not cheap. There are lots of good threads about glass around here, just scroll down a bit and read some of the informative threads that arent pics of frames.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
Leshita
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:21 pm

Thanks, I am thinking of going for plexiglass now (anti-glare and UV protected) since it is lighter and likely cheaper than the glass equivalent. Any major reason I should stick with regular glass over plexi?

PS: I will look up some threads here later tonight and do some research on my own too. :lol:
peacedog
Art Expert

Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:18 pm

Leshita wrote:Thanks, I am thinking of going for plexiglass now (anti-glare and UV protected) since it is lighter and likely cheaper than the glass equivalent. Any major reason I should stick with regular glass over plexi?

PS: I will look up some threads here later tonight and do some research on my own too. :lol:
Plexi scratches and you'll end up with micro scratches regardless of how careful you are with cleaning.

Regardless of UV protection, there is also a big difference between non-glare and anti-reflective. While Museum Anti-Reflective diminishes the reflection, Non-Glare (or Reflection Control) glass defuses the reflection with a frosted surface. Personally I find the defused light reflections more distracting than regular glass. Non-glare also makes the image appear hazy with any distance from the from the image surface, so the more mats you use the worse it gets.