Framed Moss Thread

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.

Postby SurfingJeff on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:32 am

Searched around and couldn't find a framing thread for Olly. Figured I should lend a hand ...

Image

Image

Image

Floated on black mat, with a bright orange spacer. Hard to capture the depth of this one on camera. Really happy with the creepy weathered look of the frame.
User avatar
SurfingJeff
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2251
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:46 pm
Location: Venice Beach, CA
ImageT.H.C.

Postby SurfingJeff on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:34 am

Already, posted - but I'm not tired of looking at it yet.

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
SurfingJeff
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2251
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:46 pm
Location: Venice Beach, CA
ImageT.H.C.

Postby cargoflipper on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:35 am

no one scribbles a sig like Olly Moss
User avatar
cargoflipper
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2965
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:42 pm
hellosir wrote:People truly bitch about everything these days

Postby middayshadows on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:14 am

Love the frame on the Evil Dead!
User avatar
middayshadows
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5656
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:15 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Image Image

Postby huhsaywhat on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:32 pm

My wall of Moss. Re-did the Chun with a simple blue frame. Gotta redo the Guile soon. Simple black frame for the Simpsons. Nothing fancy.

Image
User avatar
huhsaywhat
Art Enthusiast
 
Status: Active
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:56 am

Postby RadicalRich1138 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:48 pm

I would murder my whole family for that Shinning... something something.
User avatar
RadicalRich1138
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2096
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 1:00 am
BigmanJames wrote:i am he who does drugs for my inlaws

Postby RadicalRich1138 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:54 pm

6 moss, shitty frame though
Image

Also got Autonomy of A Burger, The Target One, and the First Cowboy Bebop in the mail today, 18x24, all for like 100 together.
User avatar
RadicalRich1138
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2096
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 1:00 am
BigmanJames wrote:i am he who does drugs for my inlaws

Postby Cragars on Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:39 am

Nice, "the bat" looks good on the wall.

You have a big unfurling job ahead of you? :lol:
User avatar
Cragars
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 7201
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:04 am
Image

Postby mobius006 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:42 am

MAN that evil dead looks awesome!

I'll post my moss wall soon (though it is missing pokemon...for now)
User avatar
mobius006
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 12461
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:16 pm
Location: SF - Missing LA
Liberal Democratic - Print Conservative: Pro Government Regulations, Anti Reprints and Timed Editions.

Postby SurfingJeff on Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:28 am

mobius006 wrote:MAN that evil dead looks awesome!

I'll post my moss wall soon (though it is missing pokemon...for now)


Thanks! Looking forward to seeing some other framed Ollys. I'm especially interested in what people have done with the Rolling Roadshow series. Would love to steal a little inspiration ...
User avatar
SurfingJeff
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2251
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:46 pm
Location: Venice Beach, CA
ImageT.H.C.

Postby rubenjleal on Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:46 pm

RadicalRich1138 wrote:6 moss, shitty frame though
Image

Also got Autonomy of A Burger, The Target One, and the First Cowboy Bebop in the mail today, 18x24, all for like 100 together.


@RadicalRich1138, would you mind posting a close-up full frame shot of The Bat print?

@SurfingJeff, I've actually got Moss' Indiana Jones at the framers right now. Should hopefully be done within the next week or so. I'll definitely post it up here to share. I can't freaking wait.
User avatar
rubenjleal
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 983
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:04 pm
Location: Austin, TX
ISO: Stout Revenge of the Jedi
ISO: Slater Occasional Acid Flashback variant
ISO: Ansin Moon (reg)

Postby SurfingJeff on Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:48 pm

rubenjleal wrote:
RadicalRich1138 wrote:6 moss, shitty frame though
Image

Also got Autonomy of A Burger, The Target One, and the First Cowboy Bebop in the mail today, 18x24, all for like 100 together.


@RadicalRich1138, would you mind posting a close-up full frame shot of The Bat print?

@SurfingJeff, I've actually got Moss' Indiana Jones at the framers right now. Should hopefully be done within the next week or so. I'll definitely post it up here to share. I can't freaking wait.


Love the Moss Indy - I'm really curious to see how you frame it up. Keep us posted!
User avatar
SurfingJeff
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2251
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:46 pm
Location: Venice Beach, CA
ImageT.H.C.

Postby daviddelgadoh on Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:50 pm

Oh fudge! That Evil Dead is the only one I like more than my own. Very nice job :notworthy:
User avatar
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4986
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:04 am
Location: Austin, TX

Postby beerotan on Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:15 pm

SurfingJeff wrote:
mobius006 wrote:MAN that evil dead looks awesome!

I'll post my moss wall soon (though it is missing pokemon...for now)


Thanks! Looking forward to seeing some other framed Ollys. I'm especially interested in what people have done with the Rolling Roadshow series. Would love to steal a little inspiration ...


Well, then I guess I'll be happy to oblige.....

Image

Close up of frame:
Image

They are in my kitchen (I thought the Godfather poster sorta looks like food art at first glance). I actually bought them at the Robocop screening as I live very close to Detroit. It was really a great time.

Moss' Totoro print is at the framers right now. You have no idea how excited I am to get it back and hang it on my wall. :D
User avatar
beerotan
Art Enthusiast
 
Status: Active
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:49 pm

Postby mobius006 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:34 pm

Image
User avatar
mobius006
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 12461
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:16 pm
Location: SF - Missing LA
Liberal Democratic - Print Conservative: Pro Government Regulations, Anti Reprints and Timed Editions.

Next

Return to Framing Corner



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests