Framed Sylvia Ji

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.

Postby halftonegraphics on Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:42 pm

wip. same setup as my Hemlock. going to paint the gold area red, i believe.

otherwise, might slip a red mat in there for a highlight. just need to find a red core mat which seems to be the issue.

waiting on a new frame too. was hoping to have this done this weekend but the damn frame arrived damaged.

halftonegraphics
Art Freak

I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral

Postby rhythmgtr5 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:51 pm

I really like it as is. The gold works well
rhythmgtr5
Art Expert

Postby roo on Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:49 am

rhythmgtr5 wrote:I really like it as is. The gold works well

I agree, i think the gold works well and when i coloured the gold fillet with a red texta on my iMac screen and it did not look anywhere as nice.. :ziggi:
roo
Art Expert

Postby halftonegraphics on Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:16 pm

quickie. proper pics later tonight.

dual 8ply mats with foam core space and museum glass.

halftonegraphics
Art Freak

I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral

Postby sixstringer on Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:49 pm

all of your ji frame ups have been super sick! :drool:
sixstringer
Art Expert

Postby KSUvet on Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:35 pm

sixstringer wrote:all of your ji frame ups have been super sick! :drool:

Yep, halftone is pretty much owning this thread. I really need to get something together for Tres Cabezas :oops: . I was thinking black mat, but I hadn't considered the double black. I like the look. Do they make 8 ply black with color cores? :groucho:
KSUvet
Art Expert

"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi

Postby halftonegraphics on Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:06 am

Yea, this one was just a duplicate of my Hemlock setup. Been stuck on the double black mat right now. Did it with the box set as well. I wanted to sneak in a red sliver of mat but didnt.

I happen to have another one of these frames too. Pictureframes.com didnt take back the defective one. Need to see if I can salvage it.

I wouldn't mind getting Tres Cabezas on the walls either, but I think a few still are ahead of that one.

Image Image Image Image

But, truthfully, I think a Fin Dac needs to be next. They have been sitting in the portfolio for too long and aren't getting any appreciation.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

1xRun Referral

Postby roo on Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:09 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:Yea, this one was just a duplicate of my Hemlock setup. Been stuck on the double black mat right now. Did it with the box set as well. I wanted to sneak in a red sliver of mat but didnt.

I happen to have another one of these frames too. Pictureframes.com didnt take back the defective one. Need to see if I can salvage it.

I wouldn't mind getting Tres Cabezas on the walls either, but I think a few still are ahead of that one.

Image Image Image Image

But, truthfully, I think a Fin Dac needs to be next. They have been sitting in the portfolio for too long and aren't getting any appreciation.

Buried Alive is my favourite Ji, i need to get her up on the wall as well so why don't you do her next so i can then copy yours as 9/10 you get it bang on.. :ziggi:
roo
Art Expert

Postby halftonegraphics on Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:47 am

if i did buried alive, i would probably match this, as i would want to pair them. then again, i have kind of grown past this one. think she needs to be revisited.

P1190077.JPG
P1190077.JPG (127.59 KiB) Viewed 1327 times
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

1xRun Referral

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:53 am

the prints are amazing, and the frame jobs just make them that much better. cheers :pint:
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Postby roo on Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:48 am

I am being shame less but i have a few Ji prints for sale on a sales thread that can't be bumped or commented on so i thought i would just remind any that come here to go there... :cheers:
roo
Art Expert

Postby iampierrot on Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:09 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:if i did buried alive, i would probably match this, as i would want to pair them. then again, i have kind of grown past this one. think she needs to be revisited.

P1190077.JPG

I have Señora de las sombras in a similar frame job and I'm waiting for my framer to finish the buried alive.
But the Rebozo Rojo it's sweet :ziggi:
iampierrot
Art Connoisseur

Postby KSUvet on Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:13 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:if i did buried alive, i would probably match this, as i would want to pair them. then again, i have kind of grown past this one. think she needs to be revisited.

P1190077.JPG

I don't know, man. That looks pretty good. Spend the money on doing something new over redoing something old, IMO. That said, I'd be tempted to do black - white - black mats to mimic the striped shirt pattern. I don't know if it would work, though. :?
KSUvet
Art Expert

"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi

Postby halftonegraphics on Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:17 pm

KSUvet wrote:

P1190077.JPG

I don't know, man. That looks pretty good. Spend the money on doing something new over redoing something old, IMO. That said, I'd be tempted to do black - white - black mats to mimic the striped shirt pattern. I don't know if it would work, though. :?

I would probably hunt down a pinstripe mat. Not sure if they do a white and black oen but have seen other colors. They again, might be too distracting.

And yeah, I'll frame something before I revisit this one. Fin Dac is on the radar. Needs to be next.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

1xRun Referral

Postby mtarail on Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:19 pm

Beautiful stuff, halftone! My own small contribution.
mtarail
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Framing Corner