Framed Stuff Part 6

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.
duckyhoward
Art Expert

Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:00 pm

Not a bad first post :clap: - a very nice frame up. Is that a small red mat board insert? It works well and provides a great definition to the piece. I have used that approach on a few of my pieces (including a few Stouts) and it has worked very well.
"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:01 pm

DixHauser wrote: Figured I'd make my first post a frame pic.
welcome. best type of first post IMO.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
wizdom
Art Expert

Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:30 pm

:clap:
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:34 pm

DixHauser wrote:Lurking for a while. Figured I'd make my first post a frame pic.

Are you a mid to late eighties Royals fan? If so, bravo and I thank yoy for picking a name after one of the greats in baseball that sadly fell to cancer.
fortissimowah
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:22 pm

missbugs by http://www.flickr.com/people/10319424@N08/

i was so excited about this, but my wife said it was "too much." also, my daughter had a slumber party that weekend and i think it freaked a couple little girls out who saw it, to which i say, AWESOME. i plan on sneaking it onto the living room wall after i throw up some family pictures, soon.
summoner
Art Freak

Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:23 pm

fortissimowah wrote:Image
missbugs by http://www.flickr.com/people/10319424@N08/

i was so excited about this, but my wife said it was "too much." also, my daughter had a slumber party that weekend and i think it freaked a couple little girls out who saw it, to which i say, AWESOME. i plan on sneaking it onto the living room wall after i throw up some family pictures, soon.
Too much!? NOT ENOUGH I say!! :)
Image Image Image
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:26 pm

DixHauser wrote:Lurking for a while. Figured I'd make my first post a frame pic.

Nice work. If anything it makes me wish Tyler had not done the bottom border in white...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
shoeless
Art Expert

Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:29 pm

fortissimowah- that looks amazing!!! :notworthy:
DixHauser
Art Enthusiast

Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:49 am

duckyhoward wrote:Not a bad first post :clap: - a very nice frame up. Is that a small red mat board insert? It works well and provides a great definition to the piece. I have used that approach on a few of my pieces (including a few Stouts) and it has worked very well.
It's like a red coloring on the border of the black matting around the poster. My roommate used the same technique, only with blue coloring, on his Lost poster. It appears to be a simple and effective way to frame these Mondotees style posters.
talkingdeads wrote:Are you a mid to late eighties Royals fan? If so, bravo and I thank yoy for picking a name after one of the greats in baseball that sadly fell to cancer.
Sorry, but unfortunately no.
sidewaysscott wrote:welcome. best type of first post IMO.
Yeah, figured it'd be better than the typical ''Hey I'm new" thing.
PonyboyCurtis
Art Enthusiast

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:50 am

here's my Copyright. 1/1

I don't advise a haircut, man. All hairdressers are in the employment of the government. Hairs are your aerials. They pick up signals from the cosmos, and transmit them directly into the brain. This is the reason bald-headed men are uptight.
summoner
Art Freak

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:59 am

PonyboyCurtis wrote:here's my Copyright. 1/1

Copyright's work is pretty amazing, congrats!! What is the size of this piece?
Image Image Image
PonyboyCurtis
Art Enthusiast

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:27 am

35cm x 50cm.

It a lovely piece IMO.
I don't advise a haircut, man. All hairdressers are in the employment of the government. Hairs are your aerials. They pick up signals from the cosmos, and transmit them directly into the brain. This is the reason bald-headed men are uptight.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:08 am

Nice, where do you find his stuff? And I take it you like the Outsiders :)
kansasbbq
Art God

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:18 am

talkingdeads wrote: Are you a mid to late eighties Royals fan? If so, bravo and I thank yoy for picking a name after one of the greats in baseball that sadly fell to cancer.
I sure am. It won't get any better than '85! Dan Quisenberry, Bret Saberhagen, Willie Wilson, Steve Balboni....such a great team that year. And downhill ever since....
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
PonyboyCurtis
Art Enthusiast

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:54 am

PLUSH wrote:Nice, where do you find his stuff? And I take it you like the Outsiders :)
Hi

I do like his stuff very much. I'm a long time lurker on here but a few odds and sods have pitched up which I'm looking to buy so I got me a login. :lol:

The Copyright I picked up about 6 months ago from here... http://www.zerocoolgallery.com/artist/index.php?id=6 First time I'd bought off them...decent outfit. Recommended.

Yeah...SE Hinton was a god when I was a kid. Tex, Outsiders, That was then this is now, Rubblefish etc... :oops: