Framed Stuff Part 6

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:45 am

I like every one of those celloman but damn if that frame wasn't made for Aaron's Pan print! A perfect match for that piece.
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
celloman85
Art Connoisseur

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:53 am

Thank you! When I went to get my JP framed the framer told me they discontinued that Pans frame, so now I feel even better about choosing it since no one else will be able to buy it now :P
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:56 am

NOOOOOOOO... and here I was about to ask for the info on that as I still have my Pan print sleeved waiting for framing.
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
graphicjim24
Art Connoisseur

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:00 am

Love these. More and more I want to send something to Peacedog just to see what he comes up with.
emac
Art Expert

Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:48 pm

HappaHaoli wrote:I like every one of those celloman but damn if that frame wasn't made for Aaron's Pan print! A perfect match for that piece.
I wholeheartedly agree. It is absolutely gorgeous and perfectly matched to the print. In fact, it's so good it kind of depresses me, because I brought my own Pan's home yesterday from the framer, and seeing yours makes me wish I had your frame instead of mine. :P
emac
Art Expert

Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:50 pm

HappaHaoli wrote:NOOOOOOOO... and here I was about to ask for the info on that as I still have my Pan print sleeved waiting for framing.
Celloman, give us the info anyway, if you don't mind. :) Happa, there may be places that still have some of that moulding in stock that they already ordered from the manufacturer, or you can check the online places that buy remainders of discontinued moulding and sell them at a discounted price. Don't give up until you've looked! :)
mobius006
Art Freak

Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:29 pm

DSC00361 by mobius006, on Flickr

DSC00363 by mobius006, on Flickr

DSC00362 by mobius006, on Flickr
emac
Art Expert

Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:52 pm

Though it can't top celloman's sweet frame, I just got this one in from the framer, and I am very pleased with it. :clap:

Image Image Image

I also did some rearranging of new and old stuff over my couch:

Image Image Image Image

I'm ticked that the Stout IM2 print is just a hair larger than 24x36, and consequently it won't fit in the standard frame to match CA and Thor without taking on some damage. :evil: I'm considering pricing out a simple silver metal frame for CA variant, a black metal frame for Thor, and a gold metal frame for IM2 at the framer this week. I already have Tru-View plexi at home, so all I'd need from the shop are the frames, spacers, and acid-free backer.
haven
Art Expert

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:43 pm

Möbius, that's pretty sweet.
mobius006
Art Freak

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:57 pm

haven wrote:Möbius, that's pretty sweet.
Thanks. The guy who was the storyboard artist puts up some every now and then.
celloman85
Art Connoisseur

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:06 pm

emac wrote:
HappaHaoli wrote:NOOOOOOOO... and here I was about to ask for the info on that as I still have my Pan print sleeved waiting for framing.
Celloman, give us the info anyway, if you don't mind. :) Happa, there may be places that still have some of that moulding in stock that they already ordered from the manufacturer, or you can check the online places that buy remainders of discontinued moulding and sell them at a discounted price. Don't give up until you've looked! :)
I wish I had more specific information for you but the only thing I can tell you is that piece was done at Aaron Brothers in Round Rock, TX. He told me when I was framing my JP there a few weeks later that I was the only one who ever picked that frame so they got rid of it. Pity really. If it's any consolation, I really like the way your Pan's came back from the framers as well!
peacedog
Art Expert

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:12 pm

celloman85 wrote:
emac wrote:
I wish I had more specific information for you but the only thing I can tell you is that piece was done at Aaron Brothers in Round Rock, TX. He told me when I was framing my JP there a few weeks later that I was the only one who ever picked that frame so they got rid of it. Pity really. If it's any consolation, I really like the way your Pan's came back from the framers as well!
That moulding is made by Nurre Caxton. My rep hasn't pulled it from my wall yet, maybe Aaron Bros. just isn't carrying it any more. I'll look into it for you tomorrow when I'm back at the shop.
murdock
Art Expert

Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:24 am

HappaHaoli wrote:I like every one of those celloman but damn if that frame wasn't made for Aaron's Pan print! A perfect match for that piece.
YES! Absolutely purfect job on this one! :clap:
Don’t deal with MillerTime04 - he’s a scammer
cargoflipper
Art Expert

Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:35 am

I can't wait till peacedog gets ahold of a Frankenstein print!
hellosir wrote:People truly bitch about everything these days
peacedog
Art Expert

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:40 pm

celloman85 wrote:
emac wrote:
Nurre Caxton's Chantilly collection, that profile is #61541. Not discountinued by Nurre, plenty of stock on hand.