Framed by Furthur Frames

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:16 pm

If you live on this side of mississipp you go to Corey for your framing. That's science 8)
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:26 pm

ironjaiden wrote: If you live on this side of mississipp you go to Corey for your framing. That's science 8)
You better have that hanging above your bed. With a spotlight on it. Even when you're asleep.
peacedog
Art Expert

Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:36 pm

You guys make it hard to stay humble. I'm very, very glad you all like our work. I consider the EB board one of the most critical groups of people we could hope to gain the praise of when it comes to gig posters and art prints.

It's because of support from folks like you that we've actually grown when many frame shops are closing their doors. We've made a lot of good friends over the last two years. Folks like Erocafellar, Desch, Brady, Bighitters, Fredo, Jaiden, & Hornet have been nothing but supportive of me doing my thing. Despite the fact that I look like a damn hippy and don't dress very well, they have trusted my sense of style from the get-go.

And to be fair, it really is our work, not just me. A few months back, we hired on our old friend Amber, who is the daughter of my former employer. While I'm still doing all of the design work, Amber is definitely doing the lion's share of mat work and fitting. She's got some serious skills and deserves her share of any props thrown our way. My wife Kat handles all the bookkeeping and keeps me free to do what I do as well. Running a small business is no small task it turns out, and without the team we have in place, we would have folded months ago. I'm very grateful to have all the support I have, it's made the dream become a reality.

We look forward to meeting a lot more of you freaks!

:cheers:

Corey & the Furthur Frames team
thekharmainitiative
Art Expert

Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:30 pm

peacedog wrote:
mazdog wrote:Some of the shots have multiple shadows going on, so I assume multiple lights sources and other trickery.
Correct. Five flood lights from distant angles.
Yikes, that explains it then! Thanks.
WhoLikesRingo wrote:This single post led to a roller coaster of emotion. Congrats kharma, king of the thread.
desch
Art Expert

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:08 am

Alright here goes!

First up are I believe the first 2 things Peacedog did for me, a couple of Stouts. Both had a simple black frame but 4 mattes; white, 2 black and one red to bring out the red in the posters. I think it really makes them pop!
ImageImage
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
desch
Art Expert

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:09 am

Next an awesome frame-up for Fantastic Mr. Fox.

“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
desch
Art Expert

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:10 am

Another Stout...

desch
Art Expert

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:13 am

These were done for my wife. This is where Peacedog started to take off a little in his designs for me and we got a little bolder. (excuse the hanging job)

desch
Art Expert

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:17 am

A trio of Slaters. You all have probably seen this first one before. The legendary skull frame!
Neil Cortez...
Neil Montezuma, same frame of course...
And last but not least, my favorite singer, Neko Case.
desch
Art Expert

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:19 am

One more Neko by Lindsey Kuhn. I show I saw and a poster I got Neko to sign.
Denim matte.
desch
Art Expert

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:22 am

These are the last 3 Stouts Peacedog has framed for me.

desch
Art Expert

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:24 am

A couple of James Rheem Davis.

desch
Art Expert

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:25 am

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly by Mr. Perkins.

desch
Art Expert

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:27 am

Alright here is some Sperry.

desch
Art Expert

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:27 am

Bob.