Framed by Furthur Frames

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.
murdock
Art Expert

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:11 am

ErocAfellar wrote:
murdock wrote:
desch wrote: I believe Peacedog ships.
If you were talking about inside the US (or inside the EU in my case), I'd be down for it in a heartbeat. Over the pond... it would break my heart more than once to unpack a crashed frame...
Ich wuerde gern nach Deutschland fuer ein Posterlieferung fahren :pint:
This may be the beginning of a long friendship :cheers:
Last edited by murdock on Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t deal with MillerTime04 - he’s a scammer
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:13 am

ErocAfellar wrote:
murdock wrote:
desch wrote:
murdock wrote: That's so many levels over the highest level.. that's like... 11
I believe Peacedog ships.
If you were talking about inside the US (or inside the EU in my case), I'd be down for it in a heartbeat. Over the pond... it would break my heart more than once to unpack a crashed frame...
Ich wuerde gern nach Deutschland fuer ein Posterlieferung fahren :pint:
Sorry the only German I know is "Schiess den Fenster" [sp?] from Die Hard.
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
murdock
Art Expert

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:14 am

HappaHaoli wrote: Sorry the only German I know is "Schiess den Fenster" [sp?] from Die Hard.
That translates roughly into "fudge the windows" :rolling:
murdock
Art Expert

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:17 am

No, seriously, I never even knew they were supposed to be Germans, until I saw Die Hard for the first time in English (which was sth like my 6. or 7. time total). Hans Gruber is totally killing me with his British accented German...

(And Schiess is totall right if you can't type an ß) Cheers, Happa :cheers:
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:20 am

Ha! I knew someone would set me straight. 8)
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
WallyWest78
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:16 pm

I got this yesterday... it was framed by peacedog...

Yeah, it's been posted here already..... but it's amazing.

When I get BTiLC by Stout it will be sent to peacedog to be framed.... amazing stuff.
GO HABS GO!!!
peacedog
Art Expert

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:06 pm

WallyWest78 wrote:I got this yesterday... it was framed by peacedog...

When I get BTiLC by Stout it will be sent to peacedog to be framed.... amazing stuff.
I believe that's the first piece to go outside the US. :clap:
WallyWest78
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:05 pm

peacedog wrote:
WallyWest78 wrote:I got this yesterday... it was framed by peacedog...

I believe that's the first piece to go outside the US. :clap:
It won't be the last... expect a pm when I get BTiLC... I don't mind paying the shipping for such a kick @ss framing job
GO HABS GO!!!
sixstringer
Art Expert

Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:28 am

Hey Corey are you there?

Need your advice bud...I'm framing up my Keyes Shedding with a double mat and I am wondering what you think about putting a spacer between the two mats for depth? Have you done this much? I'm having a hard time visualizing it but I think it could be cool. Hmm. I keep going back and forth with it. Also, I am doing a Cream linen mat on top of a Brown linen mat. I asked my framer if they could to a reverse bevel on the top mat and she said sure but she'd recommend doing it on both mats or neither. I kind of like the clean look of reverse bevels. Any advice or examples of your fine work would be much appreciated. THX
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:31 am

So, THE THING has crossed the border without incident. Sweet! It's good to know that monster in no longer in the U.S. :P
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:10 pm

sixstringer wrote:Hey Corey are you there?

Need your advice bud...I'm framing up my Keyes Shedding with a double mat and I am wondering what you think about putting a spacer between the two mats for depth? Have you done this much? I'm having a hard time visualizing it but I think it could be cool. Hmm. I keep going back and forth with it. Also, I am doing a Cream linen mat on top of a Brown linen mat. I asked my framer if they could to a reverse bevel on the top mat and she said sure but she'd recommend doing it on both mats or neither. I kind of like the clean look of reverse bevels. Any advice or examples of your fine work would be much appreciated. THX
Corey, post the picture of the Shedding you framed... :drool:
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
peacedog
Art Expert

Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:40 pm

sixstringer wrote:Hey Corey are you there?

I think all of the Keyes prints we've framed up have had a collar between the inner-most mats to add depth with the print floated on a pedestal. If it works for the design, I say go for it.

There is no reason to do a reverse bevel on both for uniformity. Play the bevel as a design element. You either want a white pinstripe or you don't. Two white pinstripes may look too busy, so go with one. Maybe you like the slight shadow on the artwork with the reverse bevel on the inner mat. It's all about the design.
peacedog
Art Expert

Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:50 pm

ErocAfellar wrote:Corey, post the picture of the Shedding you framed... :drool:
decker3984
Art Expert

Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:56 pm

Damn. That is PURDY. :drool:
downtown wrote:If God has a plan for humanity it is simply to see what Aaron Horkey will do in the next ten years.
bignuts45

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:09 pm

Here are a few...Peacedog is the BEST!