Framed by Furthur Frames

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:34 am

rmoore wrote:The frame looks like an extension of the print! :shock:
A sign of a great framer.
WallyWest78
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:42 am

badlieut wrote:The Dog Strikes Back!

That's got to be one of the top 3 I've seen posted so far.
GO HABS GO!!!
KSUvet
Art Expert

Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:50 pm

I was talking to my mom today about this mat job, and it took me a second to find it again. I don't know if this is already in this thread somewhere, but it should be. I couldn't find it on a search. (This is not my piece, for the record.)
Peacedog wrote:This is an uncut proof with a doodle which was on a piece of paper with odd borders. Hats off to Amber, who spent many, many hours custom carving the corner to reveal the doodle. I was very pleased the finished product. I think Amber was ready to pop me in the lip for coming up with this solution, especially when we added a fourth mat.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
TOTM
Art Expert

Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:26 pm

Woahwoahwoah! The Metropolis... That is such a beautiful thing! Can't... Stop... Staring... Hats off to you peacedog & most especially to the obviously evident gun team that work with you, muchos respect to you all! You've taken my breath away... Oookay, I quit!
fredo
Art God

Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:29 am

That Biffle is so sweet.
just a foil for me today, thanks
Auds1000
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:23 am

Custom mat cutting...four mats?!!! As a rookie framer, I can see that anything is possible now! That Furthur uncut frame-up is mind-blowing. Wizard mat cutters everywhere are crying!
BladeRunner
Art Enthusiast

Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:03 pm

jal9000 wrote:My first ever Framed by Furthur Frames! I was so excited to actually get the Olly Moss Doctor Who at the gallery opening and decided I should do something special with it and I couldn't be happier with how this turned out. :drool:

Up on the wall, she's home.
Hey jal! it's Amber of Furthur frames. It was a pleasure having you and your friends through the shop. Glad to have had the privilege to jump on the design table for this one while the daug was out of town! I think this turned out killer! and glad you feel the same way~
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert

Fri May 04, 2012 12:36 pm

Can someone please get their Moss Zelda reg framed at Furthur Frames please? I need some inspiration.
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
:ziggi:
BladeRunner
Art Enthusiast

Sat May 05, 2012 2:58 am

KSUvet wrote:I was talking to my mom today about this mat job, and it took me a second to find it again. I don't know if this is already in this thread somewhere, but it should be. I couldn't find it on a search. (This is not my piece, for the record.)
Peacedog wrote:This is an uncut proof with a doodle which was on a piece of paper with odd borders. Hats off to Amber, who spent many, many hours custom carving the corner to reveal the doodle. I was very pleased the finished product. I think Amber was ready to pop me in the lip for coming up with this solution, especially when we added a fourth mat.
I'm so glad someone brought attention back to this piece! I was the 'Wizard cutter' for this doodle last year. I never had the opportunity to comment on it however since I just recently created an EB account. Of course back then, had I had an account, I would have found myself in a perma state of frustration since my hands were too crippled to type for weeks to come! This was one of those ' Mt Everest' projects for a picture framer. Such a challenge! Many points at which you think there's a strong possibility you won't survive and desperately want to turn back. In the end however, It proved a worthy and very memorable feat. To me there is something so satisfying to see a product that has been hand crafted. Call me old fashioned, but had that doodle been created by a computerized mat cutter, it may still turn out pretty cool, but it would have been lacking human touch. This project to me is a prime example of how custom framing can uniquely compliment a work of art that wonders beyond a standard format. Glad to have been a part of it!
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sat May 05, 2012 9:50 am

That mat cut is as good as it gets, 'old fashioned'! :clap:
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
swabie2424
Art Expert

Sun May 06, 2012 2:00 am

Breaking news:

I just completed a trade to send Kobe Bryant, USC and Disneyland to Denver for Peacedog. Pack your stuff bro. You live here in SoCal now. You can start framing my collection as job #1.

I think I got a good deal. :clap:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
murdock
Art Expert

Sun May 06, 2012 4:00 am

BladeRunner wrote: custom framing can uniquely compliment a work of art that wonders beyond a standard format.
'Nuff said!

Glad to have you around, Amber! Looking forward to more insightful commentary :notworthy:
Don’t deal with MillerTime04 - he’s a scammer
skis007
Art Expert

Sun May 06, 2012 4:34 am

swabie2424 wrote:Breaking news:

I just completed a trade to send Kobe Bryant, USC and Disneyland to Denver for Peacedog. Pack your stuff bro. You live here in SoCal now. You can start framing my collection as job #1.

I think I got a good deal. :clap:
clem99
EB Team

Mon May 07, 2012 7:36 am

be the lucky one
art is the only justification for pain :)
MALT23
Art Enthusiast

Wed May 09, 2012 5:16 pm

Another Horkey masterpiece by Cory!