Give Us an Art Tour of Your Place

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:15 am

kyle wrote:greenhorn....dude.... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
dood....... :notworthy:
hirschy75
Art Expert

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:21 am

So you've got a thing for ferrets huh? Hahaha just messing. Awesome stuff mate :clap:
reminder: ink on paper
rmoore
Art Expert

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:24 am

GR8Dane wrote:
dood....... :notworthy:
What, nothing in the bedroom closet? Just kidding, that's sick! Love the pinball machines, too.
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:26 am

mtarail wrote:...You have an OG ink of the Grails in your bathroom?
Funny out of all that insane art that is what I keyed on too. Fingers crossed it makes it into a future letterpress suite just like that.

Stunning collection!
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:48 am

lol, actually the first room of the first vid was my bedroom closet. :wink:

And I think this came up before when I was just posting pics but no, the grails is just a photocopy of the original lineart. I think just a few of them got sent out to people back when the poster came out but it's nice to be able to see the whole art image without the text covering it up.

thanks for all the kind words everyone. For as many horkey's as I have hanging though I feel bad that i've probably got twice that many in the flat file still unframed. :(
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
dancingbear
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:43 pm

greenhorn..thanks for sharing...

what pinball machines do you have? saw the lord of the rings ..which i feel is great but very similar to midevil madness which i prefer. :D
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:40 am

dancingbear wrote:greenhorn..thanks for sharing...

what pinball machines do you have? saw the lord of the rings ..which i feel is great but very similar to midevil madness which i prefer. :D
LOTR, demolition man, no fear and Paragon. MM is my favorite game of all time but out of my price range. I'd say LOTR is probably my 2nd favorite so it's a decent substitute.
decker3984
Art Expert

Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:26 pm

Yeah, I'm with Kyle on this one. I seriously :heart: :heart: :heart: your basement!
greenhorn1 wrote:For as many horkey's as I have hanging though I feel bad that i've probably got twice that many in the flat file still unframed. :(
That is really not such a bad problem to have. Wall space is a precious commodity! :lol:
downtown wrote:If God has a plan for humanity it is simply to see what Aaron Horkey will do in the next ten years.
TheThirdEye
Art Expert

Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:53 pm

Nice Greenhorn!! I so badly want that framed Generica deck sticker.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:03 pm

TheThirdEye wrote:Nice Greenhorn!! I so badly want that framed Generica deck sticker.
Thanks guys. Means a lot knowing the stuff you have in your collections!

Yeah, i paid a shitload for the generica molted foal sticker but It's still probably my 3rd favorite horkey image of all time (after mogwai and FOTBO) and I just had to have a decent sized copy of it. It's actually pretty nice quality for a giant sticker.
tourist504
Art Expert

Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:26 pm

Fun thread! I will try to post some pics later today....

Cool, stuff guys!
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
dancingbear
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:39 am

greenhorn1 wrote:
dancingbear wrote:greenhorn..thanks for sharing...

LOTR, demolition man, no fear and Paragon. MM is my favorite game of all time but out of my price range. I'd say LOTR is probably my 2nd favorite so it's a decent substitute.
MM is by far my favourite as well, after that is probably mars attacks. would love to own mm one day, and a flat top ms. pac man.
deancc
Art Expert

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:18 am

greenhorn1 wrote:
TheThirdEye wrote:Nice Greenhorn!! I so badly want that framed Generica deck sticker.
Thanks guys. Means a lot knowing the stuff you have in your collections!

Yeah, i paid a shitload for the generica molted foal sticker but It's still probably my 3rd favorite horkey image of all time (after mogwai and FOTBO) and I just had to have a decent sized copy of it. It's actually pretty nice quality for a giant sticker.
awesome, greenhorn! love the Horkeys and the Sols.

i REALLY REALLY hope that a giclee of the Molted Foal happens one day. even more than Croatoan. Seriously love that image.
yearsofstatic
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:36 pm

Suitable place for Bluto Greenhorn.
thegig
Art Expert

Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:57 am

I took down a bunch of stuff a few months ago and am much, much more comfortable. It was very crowded, and there was no room for the pieces to breathe. What is left will likely stay with me forever...

So anyway, you walk through the front door, look to your right, and....

IMG_4282 by thegiggallery, on Flickr

look past American Idol (as hard as it may be), and in place of my Horkey Whale Bone Grove (which I sold to our dear departed Ryan_1969), are my two favorite pieces by my girlfriend, who is a photographer (more of her stuff on the way)...

IMG_4302 by thegiggallery, on Flickr

and then comes the partner to the other Radiohead before the kitchen....

IMG_4283 by thegiggallery, on Flickr

walk into the kitchen/laundry room (not a lot of wall space) and there's a couple kitchen/meal-themed prints (the Dead one is one of the promo posters that were produced 25 years after the event, the other is an original acrylic on wood by Mike Moses, the local Richmond tattoo artist who did my second piece...

IMG_4289 by thegiggallery, on Flickr

turn around and walk backwards the way you came in, and there's the Horkey corner on the other side of the kitchen door....

IMG_4284 by thegiggallery, on Flickr

IMG_4286 by thegiggallery, on Flickr

walk into the hallway and your faced with one that I waited on for quite a while....the one Dan McCarthy print I still have (thought I can't say I'm happy about that), which features two of my favorite bands, Lake Trout and Dismemberment Plan....

IMG_4290 by thegiggallery, on Flickr

turn to your left and there's the office....

IMG_4292 by thegiggallery, on Flickr

IMG_4292 by thegiggallery, on Flickr

IMG_4293 by thegiggallery, on Flickr

step inside.....(very messy since Ric and I just finished up a show this weekend, and I just got done with inventory a couple weeks ago)....every poster in my office is from a show I've been to (except the one Big in Japan handbill you can't see), and they are all therefore very special to me....

(stuff has been rearranged, hence the weird spacing)
IMG_4294 by thegiggallery, on Flickr

IMG_4295 by thegiggallery, on Flickr

IMG_4296 by thegiggallery, on Flickr

(other stuff is a photo calendar of my nephew, jermaine marker drawing "Enjoy", and small Uncle Charlie print, "drymount You")
IMG_4298 by thegiggallery, on Flickr

walk back out of the office, and here's what's to your right in the hallway (the Emek Smoking Brain was my first tattoo on my right upper arm...thinking about getting it filled out a bit with some background)...

IMG_4291 by thegiggallery, on Flickr

there's another bedroom that I use to store extra artwork and work out in, but there's nothing on the wall. Here's the bedroom....small Drew Millward letterpress print on the right, original black acrylic on cardboard by Bruce Wilhelm (went to VCU, started art career here in Richmond, now in Philadelphia...I love his stuff) on the right...

IMG_4300 by thegiggallery, on Flickr

closeup
IMG_4299 by thegiggallery, on Flickr

and finally, a wall of more of my girlfriend's photography...

IMG_4301 by thegiggallery, on Flickr

out of the bedroom, out the hallway, back into the living room, and as you face the rest of your evening, on your right is my hippie wall....

IMG_4287 by thegiggallery, on Flickr

good night, everybody....