Show me your Tyler Stout's

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.

Postby FlapJack on Thu May 03, 2012 7:23 pm

thanks dog!
FlapJack
Art Expert

Postby WallyWest78 on Thu May 10, 2012 4:54 pm

DixHauser wrote:Just got this back from framing. First poster to put museum glass on. Hurt when I paid for it but after picking it up, felt like it was money well spent.

Bad photo though. Taken from my iphone in crappy lighting, but you get the picture. A previous post in this thread gave me some inspiration for the frame, however my mat is slightly different.

Looks familiar.... hmmmm.... :lol:

I like it! You can't do better than getting framing inspiration/ideas from the dog.

Likin the Vegeta avatar too
WallyWest78
Art Connoisseur

GO HABS GO!!!

Postby MondoFanMichael on Wed May 16, 2012 12:03 am

Got this one back today. Love it! :D
MondoFanMichael
Art Expert

Location: Due to overwhelming mistaken identity, I am not eBay user Michael78747!

Postby Darkknight37 on Wed May 16, 2012 12:06 am

I like it!
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Postby SterlingBen on Wed May 16, 2012 2:32 am

Interesting, frames as matts, I like it. Could use a little more soul piercing yellow though. :wink:
SterlingBen
Art Enthusiast

Postby emac on Wed May 16, 2012 12:39 pm

I'm currently working on a DIY frame job for this:

as a college graduation gift for a Black Keys fan. I've painted a black metal frame bright pink and I'm going to use a white/black core mat (and maybe a black/black core top mat) with it. I'm really excited to see how this comes out. Pics will definitely be posted here when it's done! :D
emac
Art Expert

zombiedictator wrote:I'm aiming for Marianas Trench-level depravity here.

Postby rubenjleal on Wed May 16, 2012 3:56 pm

emac wrote:I'm currently working on a DIY frame job for this:

as a college graduation gift for a Black Keys fan. I've painted a black metal frame bright pink and I'm going to use a white/black core mat (and maybe a black/black core top mat) with it. I'm really excited to see how this comes out. Pics will definitely be posted here when it's done! :D

Sounds like an awesome idea. I've got the set so looking forward to seeing how this comes out emac.
rubenjleal
Art Connoisseur

ISO: Stout Revenge of the Jedi
ISO: Slater Occasional Acid Flashback variant
ISO: Ansin Moon (reg)

Postby wizdom on Wed May 16, 2012 11:24 pm

emac wrote:I've painted a black metal frame bright pink

wizdom
Art Expert

Postby emac on Thu May 17, 2012 12:01 am

wizdom wrote:
emac wrote:I've painted a black metal frame bright pink

I'm totes serious. :lol: The frame was a scratch and dent custom frame that I got for a song, but it needed some touch ups. I decided to just go balls-out and paint it a bright color to match the pink in the print. It's for a very artistic, free-spirited girl who I think will love the bold look -- but honestly, I think bringing out the pink (or, alternatively, the bright blue if you hate pink) will just really make the colors in the print pop. :)

When I was looking closely at the print tonight, I realized that all the very dark shaded areas aren't black, they're actually a really dark blue. I'm scrapping the idea of a black or white mat (the paper is slightly off-white anyway and didn't match the white matboard I already had) and buying a dark navy mat board tomorrow. I had a navy piece leftover from another project, and it looked fantastic with the print. I'm so incredibly stoked to put it all together tomorrow.
emac
Art Expert

Postby wizdom on Thu May 17, 2012 1:15 am

let's see how it looks tomorrow!
wizdom
Art Expert

Postby emac on Sun May 20, 2012 10:51 pm

wizdom wrote:let's see how it looks tomorrow!

Due to a crazy nearly 24-hour workday last Thursday, I didn't finish this until Friday around lunchtime. When I tried to take pictures in my house, the non-glare glass kept making everything fuzzy. I gave up after a while because I needed to get on the road. So when I gave the print to her, I snapped 2 quick phone pics in the parking lot -- and lo and behold, they turned out fine. :P

I loved how everything turned out, and more importantly, SHE loved it too. :D Especially the pink frame. :lol: (She had a pink streak in her hair that I didn't remember her having the last time I saw her, so I guess pink was a good choice on my part. ;) )

Print = $75
Basic black rounded profile metal frame, painted with Rustoleum Berry Pink and a clear lacquer top coat = $10 (frame was a scratch and dent "custom" castoff, and I already had the paint)
Navy blue mat with off-white core = $5.60 (for the whole board, and I have some left over; I cut the mat myself)
White foamcore backer = $4.20 (for the whole board, and I have some left over)
UV non-glare glass = $27
Mylar mounting strips = $0 (already had them)

GRAND TOTAL = about $122 all in :)

Image Image
emac
Art Expert

Postby CrustaR on Sun May 20, 2012 11:07 pm

emac wrote:
wizdom wrote:let's see how it looks tomorrow!

Due to a crazy nearly 24-hour workday last Thursday, I didn't finish this until Friday around lunchtime. When I tried to take pictures in my house, the non-glare glass kept making everything fuzzy. I gave up after a while because I needed to get on the road. So when I gave the print to her, I snapped 2 quick phone pics in the parking lot -- and lo and behold, they turned out fine. :P

I loved how everything turned out, and more importantly, SHE loved it too. :D Especially the pink frame. :lol: (She had a pink streak in her hair that I didn't remember her having the last time I saw her, so I guess pink was a good choice on my part. ;) )

Print = $75
Basic black rounded profile metal frame, painted with Rustoleum Berry Pink and a clear lacquer top coat = $10 (frame was a scratch and dent "custom" castoff, and I already had the paint)
Navy blue mat with off-white core = $5.60 (for the whole board, and I have some left over; I cut the mat myself)
White foamcore backer = $4.20 (for the whole board, and I have some left over)
UV non-glare glass = $27
Mylar mounting strips = $0 (already had them)

GRAND TOTAL = about $122 all in :)

Image Image

Looks good! 8)
CrustaR
Art Expert

ImageImageTube Packing guide version 2.0 BETA.
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.

Postby wizdom on Mon May 21, 2012 3:28 pm

yep, came out nice!
wizdom
Art Expert

Postby Larrybird33 on Wed May 30, 2012 9:18 pm

In case anyone isn't bored of seeing framed up Stout SW sets... I've had these framed up for a while now, but thought I should share. Just scored a Stout Inglorious Basterds that's going to get the same treatment ASAP (unless anyone has any suggestions!).
Attachments
IMG_7564.jpg
IMG_7564.jpg (43.63 KiB) Viewed 857 times
Larrybird33
Art Connoisseur

Postby mjaz on Thu May 31, 2012 4:31 am

I need to own these!
mjaz
Art Connoisseur

PreviousNext

Return to Framing Corner