Advice/suggestions welcome and needed

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.

Postby bran on Fri May 26, 2017 12:06 pm

Hello all! Posting this for a friend that's seeking some advice-
Hey Everyone, I'd like some practical advice. LOL At some point this summer, I'm going to be framing a very large three sheet poster, it measures approximately 70" x 37". I plan on making the frame myself like I usually do, but to get the poster flat and together and keep it together, do you have any suggestions? Should I just sandwich each individual piece between foamboard for a while (each of the three pieces is folded in half)? And what should I adhere each piece to the other piece with? It's glossy, like a movie poster, and is limited, but not museum quality. Obviously something that big is going to cost way too much to drymount ( I don't even know if you guys would recommend that or if it's even an option), so I was hoping you could suggest something. Also, once it's together, what would anyone recommend for backing to keep it taut and flat, I know that foamcore only comes in 40 x 60 so I didn't figure that would work? Any help is appreciated!
bran
Art Connoisseur

Postby tourist504 on Fri May 26, 2017 2:08 pm

pics please
tourist504
Art Expert

maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.

BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.

jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.

Imagex6

Postby hunterjax on Fri May 26, 2017 2:45 pm

i'd say linen-back it first, then build a frame, but that's probably pretty expensive.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.

Return to Framing Corner