Frame destination???

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.

Postby ccsmd598 on Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:44 am

I have a new Goonies print coming in (24x36) and was looking to buy from Frame Destination. Was just looking for a standard frame with backing/uv glass. Does anyone have any experience ordering from them/quality of frames?
ccsmd598
Art Connoisseur

Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!

Postby ArchibaldTuttle on Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:45 am

Yes, good, highly recommended.
ArchibaldTuttle
Art Expert

Postby ccsmd598 on Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:46 am

ArchibaldTuttle wrote:Yes, good, highly recommended.

Awesome thank you!

Do you recommend ordering spacers with the frames too? Also do you need to order anything for the frames to attach the print to the backing?
ccsmd598
Art Connoisseur

Postby hunterjax on Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:46 am

only ordered from them once, but I was really impressed with what I got. High quality.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.

Postby ccsmd598 on Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:47 am

hunterjax wrote:only ordered from them once, but I was really impressed with what I got. High quality.

Thank you :)
ccsmd598
Art Connoisseur

Postby hunterjax on Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:49 am

and I would say yes on spacers if you're not ordering a matte; definitely yes on photo-corners or some sort of fastener.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:06 pm

they have their own thread just a bit further down the framing corner page

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=168152
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Postby ArchibaldTuttle on Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:53 pm

ccsmd598 wrote:

Awesome thank you!

Do you recommend ordering spacers with the frames too? Also do you need to order anything for the frames to attach the print to the backing?

If you're not using a mat, I don't use anything to attach to backing. For mounting to a mat, I like the strips: https://www.framedestination.com/framin ... trips.html

Everyone's all about spacers, but I don't worry about them for cheaper stuff. When you're buying the frame, it'll ask about "fit contents ordered" for the points (the little bendable metal tabs on the back that hold everything in the frame), and just leave a note somewhere that you want to fit the spacers in, too. Or you can do the math yourself.

Also, I don't think they sell glass that large. I use UV acrylic on all my stuff from them, large or small. It's thick and high quality, but very light and you don't have to worry about breakage. Get a special cleaner, though.
ArchibaldTuttle
Art Expert

Postby ccsmd598 on Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:37 pm

ArchibaldTuttle wrote:
ccsmd598 wrote:

Awesome thank you!

If you're not using a mat, I don't use anything to attach to backing. For mounting to a mat, I like the strips: https://www.framedestination.com/framin ... trips.html

Everyone's all about spacers, but I don't worry about them for cheaper stuff. When you're buying the frame, it'll ask about "fit contents ordered" for the points (the little bendable metal tabs on the back that hold everything in the frame), and just leave a note somewhere that you want to fit the spacers in, too. Or you can do the math yourself.

Also, I don't think they sell glass that large. I use UV acrylic on all my stuff from them, large or small. It's thick and high quality, but very light and you don't have to worry about breakage. Get a special cleaner, though.

Awesome thank you! I called them and they were incredibly nice and helpful. Just placed my order!
ccsmd598
Art Connoisseur

Return to Framing Corner