Help me choose a frame/mat combo for LoTR prints please.

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.

Postby Lemons on Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:08 pm

Hi,

I bought the Marko Manev print set a couple years ago and never got around to framing it because it was hard to find an affordable shop that uses great quality materials. Recently I discovered a great site for frames (levelframes.com) I think Bottleneck uses them. Anyways, I'm having trouble deciding which to go with. Would love your input. Thanks.
Lemons

Postby dasponyboy on Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:10 pm

Black on black
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Postby jjttdw on Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:26 pm

dasponyboy wrote:Black on black

Given those choices, I agree. A better idea is to just send the set to Framing Devil with instructions to frame as they see fit with the idea that all will be hung together.
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby BigTito on Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:32 pm

Def Black on Black! #4
BigTito

Postby earlgreytoast on Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:33 pm

jjttdw wrote:

Given those choices, I agree. A better idea is to just send the set to Framing Devil with instructions to frame as they see fit with the idea that all will be hung together.

Never understood this approach to framing. Just laziness IMO. For me, when I choose to frame a print, it personalizes it and really "makes it my own."

Great new avatar by the way JJ. :clap:

And to answer OPs question, I'm a big fan of grey or silver with black prints, did you look into that at all? Black on black gets lost on me and almost all my framed art is black so I like to change it up.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Codeblue wrote:This thread is boring. I'm going to go jerk off.

http://artsy.bigcartel.com/

Postby jjttdw on Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:24 pm

Avatar courtesy of canuck. I like to think if her as the MILF version of the Oilers hockey chick avatar he hooked me up with a couple years ago.

As far as lazy goes do you means black/black - white/white or my lazy suggestion to send to Doug at Framing Devil? For me, I'm not creative enough to pick out a cool frame / mat and my unimaginative framer provides little inspiration. I look at some of the things posted on EB and think to myself "damn, I'd never think to do that.." In the interest of full disclosure, most of the prints I have framed are in black frames with bland mats. Boring. :hanging: :hanging:
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby Lemons on Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:45 pm

jjttdw wrote:

How much is the average cost at Framing Devil?

I'm just looking for something simple, and would prefer not to send the prints.

earlgreytoast wrote:
jjttdw wrote:

Never understood this approach to framing. Just laziness IMO. For me, when I choose to frame a print, it personalizes it and really "makes it my own."

Great new avatar by the way JJ. :clap:

And to answer OPs question, I'm a big fan of grey or silver with black prints, did you look into that at all? Black on black gets lost on me and almost all my framed art is black so I like to change it up.

They don't offer silver or grey frames. I don't have that many framed art pieces. My only framed art piece at the moment is Mark Englert's Over There in a Black frame and white mat.
Lemons

Postby jjttdw on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:29 pm

Lemons wrote:How much is the average cost at Framing Devil?

You could shoot off an email and ask but I'd imagine less than a couple hundred per print plus shipping back.

This was 18x24 and was a mid $200s. I sent it with no instructions and let Doug do what ever he wanted. I didn't see it until it arrived back. I never thought framing mattered much until I saw it.

jjttdw
Art Expert

Postby Lemons on Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:24 am

jjttdw wrote:
Lemons wrote:How much is the average cost at Framing Devil?

You could shoot off an email and ask but I'd imagine less than a couple hundred per print plus shipping back.

This was 18x24 and was a mid $200s. I sent it with no instructions and let Doug do what ever he wanted. I didn't see it until it arrived back. I never thought framing mattered much until I saw it.

Wow that's a beauty. Maybe I'll do that someday, but I'm not able to afford it since I want all 3 in their own frame.
Lemons

Postby phishstix101 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:22 am

Check out this thread too! Incredibly decently priced by Corey and his crew!
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=70319
phishstix101
Art Expert

Return to Framing Corner