Conservation/Preservation Framing in MD/DE?

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.

Postby mistersmith on Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:31 pm

My dad has something large and delicate (a decades-old piece of newsprint about 24 x 36) that he wants to frame. It probably needs to be backed -- linen backed? -- and framed with an eye towards protection & preservation. Anyone have any ideas? He's on the Eastern Shore of Maryland so DC/Baltimore are a bit too far, ideally. If anyone has a recommendation in Annapolis, Eastern Shore, or Delaware, I'd love to hear it. Thanks.
mistersmith
Art Freak

electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby thefool on Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:54 am

mistersmith wrote:My dad has something large and delicate (a decades-old piece of newsprint about 24 x 36) that he wants to frame. It probably needs to be backed -- linen backed? -- and framed with an eye towards protection & preservation. Anyone have any ideas? He's on the Eastern Shore of Maryland so DC/Baltimore are a bit too far, ideally. If anyone has a recommendation in Annapolis, Eastern Shore, or Delaware, I'd love to hear it. Thanks.

Might be a bit far but I use Adler Art & Framing in Alexandria, VA - www.adlersartandframe.com. They are about an hour from Annapolis and do top-notch work.
thefool
Art Connoisseur

Postby mistersmith on Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:34 pm

Thanks! I reached to an art restoration firm in Bethesda to see if they had recommendations, but even that's a haul. We're from Baltimore originally, and those kinds of guys treat anything west or south of Bowie as if it were the dark side of the moon. Drive to Westminster for any reason at all? Fine. Drive on the beltway? God help us all.
mistersmith
Art Freak

electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to Framing Corner