ordering frames online from Frame Destination

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.

Postby fdi1001 on Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:29 am

We have a lot of customers here on the forum, so I thought you might find this useful. We created a new website that allows you to get a preview of the frame you are ordering and makes it easy to specify. The site can calculate the mat borders for you, or calculate the frame size. You can even save a link to your frame configuration to share or use late. If you are someone that orders from us you will want to check out this video we created that shows the details and gives some tips that may not be obvious so you can take full advantage of all of the features. It is the top video here:

https://www.framedestination.com/video-gallery
User avatar
fdi1001
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:40 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Postby mobius006 on Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:20 pm

:pint:
User avatar
mobius006
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 12311
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:16 pm
Location: SF - Missing LA
Liberal Democratic - Print Conservative: Pro Government Regulations, Anti Reprints and Timed Editions.

Postby applehead on Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:37 pm

Thx for the link and info. Any discount codes to share?
applehead
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1347
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 5:48 pm

Postby fdi1001 on Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:11 pm

applehead wrote:Thx for the link and info. Any discount codes to share?


Not right now, but probably send something out in the newsletter later this month.
User avatar
fdi1001
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:40 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Postby cripplethreat on Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:01 pm

just got my second order from Frame Destination! I couldn't be happier! cheap, fast and really nice frames! only place I'll order frames now
cripplethreat
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:17 pm

Postby cripplethreat on Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:01 pm

double post
cripplethreat
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:17 pm

Postby fdi1001 on Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:39 pm

cripplethreat wrote:just got my second order from Frame Destination! I couldn't be happier! cheap, fast and really nice frames! only place I'll order frames now


Thanks! We try hard.
User avatar
fdi1001
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:40 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Postby BenRichards on Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:52 pm

fdi1001 wrote:
applehead wrote:Thx for the link and info. Any discount codes to share?


Not right now, but probably send something out in the newsletter later this month.


Subscribed!
User avatar
BenRichards
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:08 pm
Location: West of Detroit
Cragars wrote:Rainbow bukake won't ever make the wall.

Postby AZD on Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:10 pm

Is there a way to upload an image of the artwork to get a preview of it in the frame I configure?
AZD
Art Enthusiast
 
Status: Active
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:58 am

Postby fdi1001 on Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:17 am

AZD wrote:Is there a way to upload an image of the artwork to get a preview of it in the frame I configure?


LOL, yeah I was waiting for someone to ask about that. It is on our todo list when the new site has been able to pay for itself a little.
User avatar
fdi1001
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:40 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Postby BenRichards on Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:24 am

fdi1001 wrote:
AZD wrote:Is there a way to upload an image of the artwork to get a preview of it in the frame I configure?


LOL, yeah I was waiting for someone to ask about that. It is on our todo list when the new site has been able to pay for itself a little.


Yeah please do! I was looking at ordering some stuff yesterday, but wanted to see how it'd look. :D
User avatar
BenRichards
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:08 pm
Location: West of Detroit
Cragars wrote:Rainbow bukake won't ever make the wall.

Postby fdi1001 on Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:00 pm

BenRichards wrote:
fdi1001 wrote:
AZD wrote:Is there a way to upload an image of the artwork to get a preview of it in the frame I configure?


LOL, yeah I was waiting for someone to ask about that. It is on our todo list when the new site has been able to pay for itself a little.


Yeah please do! I was looking at ordering some stuff yesterday, but wanted to see how it'd look. :D


If you want a sample piece of frame and mat we can do that for free. We just have to be real careful since even that takes time and money to put together and we might only gross $20 on the frame order which is where the money for the website, rent, and my pay goes.
User avatar
fdi1001
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:40 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:10 pm

I can vouch for FDI. I have been able to frame some cool stuff with their frames, and they look gorgeous and archival. All for so much cheaper than I could have paid someone else to do it. I have a total of 6 or so complete frames from them, swapped prints out regularly to change things up and its been great.
User avatar
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 6066
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:48 pm
Location: Houston

Postby CoA on Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:12 pm

These guys are great. I've used them for a few years now for the majority of my custom framing.

The frame quality is good, and if there's ever a problem they'll quickly sort it out with no fuss.

I can highly recommend them for anyone looking to do your own framing.
User avatar
CoA
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:31 pm

Postby zeuscarver on Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:23 am

I just received my first custom frame from this website and the quality was top notch, well assembled and clean. Frame looks good, nothing too fancy but solid. They used about 10' of bubble wrap to make sure it showed up in pristine condition! :clap:
zeuscarver
Art Enthusiast
 
Status: Active
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:56 pm
Location: Oakland, CA

Next

Return to Framing Corner



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest