All things Spotlight Displays

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.

Postby bulkhead72 on Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:31 pm

Love Metropolis. Just swapped out prints last night. Also, Bob, I am happy to take a 1% royalty for all white frame orders you get. No pressure. ;)

Image
User avatar
bulkhead72
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 9206
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:50 am
Location: Los Angeles
Check out my auctions.

Postby SpotlightDisplays on Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:40 pm

bulkhead72 wrote:Love Metropolis. Just swapped out prints last night. Also, Bob, I am happy to take a 1% royalty for all white frame orders you get. No pressure. ;)

Image


Lol!!! Hey Bulkhead, who did the Rear Window???? I love the original poster for it and this is very cool as well!!!!
User avatar
SpotlightDisplays
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:52 am

Postby bulkhead72 on Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:09 pm

All 3 prints are by Adam Simpson. Rear Window (regular) and Vertigo (variant) are Mondo prints, whereas The 39 Steps (variant) is still available on Dark City Gallery's site.
User avatar
bulkhead72
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 9206
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:50 am
Location: Los Angeles
Check out my auctions.

Postby SpotlightDisplays on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:10 pm

bulkhead72 wrote:All 3 prints are by Adam Simpson. Rear Window (regular) and Vertigo (variant) are Mondo prints, whereas The 39 Steps (variant) is still available on Dark City Gallery's site.


Thanks Bulkhead!!!!!
User avatar
SpotlightDisplays
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:52 am

Postby SpotlightDisplays on Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:00 am

Hey guys, I know this is a long shot but if anyone has a To Catch a Thief Durieux I would love to trad frames for one.

Also looking for a King Kong Jungle version.

Hope everyone is well!!!!!

Thanks!!!!
User avatar
SpotlightDisplays
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:52 am

Postby ges311 on Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:09 pm

Looking to make a frame purchase soon. Does anyone know if there is a coupon code or any promotions going on right now?
ges311
New User
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:40 pm

Postby zacooper on Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:16 pm

SpotlightDisplays wrote:The really great thing about these frames is you can rotate your posters out often enough with ease that you wont ever have to worry about any fading anyway. I currently have 9 prints in one frame.


Hey Robert, looking to finally make the leap and pick up a couple of these. Wanted to check with you on what depth I should request if I am looking to put multiple prints in one frame (similar to how you were/are doing)? I'm going to get the regular border frame and will probably have 5 prints per frame. What depth do you suggest?
zacooper
Art Enthusiast
 
Status: Active
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:42 am

Postby SpotlightDisplays on Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:57 pm

zacooper wrote:
SpotlightDisplays wrote:The really great thing about these frames is you can rotate your posters out often enough with ease that you wont ever have to worry about any fading anyway. I currently have 9 prints in one frame.


Hey Robert, looking to finally make the leap and pick up a couple of these. Wanted to check with you on what depth I should request if I am looking to put multiple prints in one frame (similar to how you were/are doing)? I'm going to get the regular border frame and will probably have 5 prints per frame. What depth do you suggest?


Hey Zacooper and thank you very much for your interest. The Wide 2.5" Border comes Standard to accommodate up to .250" thickness and the 1.25" Border comes ready to accommodate .125" thickness but can be made to handle up to .500" thickness.

Most of my frames that I have on my walls are Wide 2.5" with the .250" depth. I do have a few 1.25" Borders up but they are different sizes and I only have enough prints to test two in each. I'm thinking 4 prints for sure the way the frame comes standard.

If you order two deep of a depth with the 1.25" Border then the corners won't meet right so you would have to always have a certain thickness in it.

We could cut it to about 3/8th" depth for you. If you order and want to go that route please email me afterwords.

Thank you again!!!
User avatar
SpotlightDisplays
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:52 am

Postby allyouzombies on Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:44 pm

Image
allyouzombies
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:49 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby SpotlightDisplays on Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:28 pm

allyouzombies wrote:Image


Very nice Prints!!!
User avatar
SpotlightDisplays
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:52 am

Postby SpotlightDisplays on Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:20 pm

Hey guys!!!!! Don't know how I missed this but would love to make a trade for frames if anyone has it. Thanks!!!! Also still looking for that To Catch A Theif.

https://mondotees.com/products/jaws-poster?variant=19494435971
User avatar
SpotlightDisplays
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:52 am

Postby Jalkelly on Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:30 pm

Just wanted to plug these frames! I have 4 24x36 and 2 18x24 all using the matte overlays. Absolutely LOVE how easy they are to put up on the wall and swap out the prints. When the wife says she doesn't like one I just swap it out for a few months until she forgets why she didn't like it in the first place and hen I rotate back in! Also makes it really easy to put in seasonal prints around the holidays.

Roberts customer service is top notch and the frames always shows up impeccably packaged. Buy with confidence, you will not be disappointed!
Attachments
IMG_7193.JPG
IMG_7193.JPG (40.22 KiB) Viewed 748 times
Jalkelly
Member
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:34 am

Postby Jalkelly on Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:05 am

Few more: :clap:
Attachments
IMG_7204.JPG
IMG_7204.JPG (127.75 KiB) Viewed 734 times
IMG_7203.JPG
IMG_7203.JPG (147 KiB) Viewed 734 times
Jalkelly
Member
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:34 am

Postby SpotlightDisplays on Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:43 am

Jalkelly wrote:Just wanted to plug these frames! I have 4 24x36 and 2 18x24 all using the matte overlays. Absolutely LOVE how easy they are to put up on the wall and swap out the prints. When the wife says she doesn't like one I just swap it out for a few months until she forgets why she didn't like it in the first place and hen I rotate back in! Also makes it really easy to put in seasonal prints around the holidays.

Roberts customer service is top notch and the frames always shows up impeccably packaged. Buy with confidence, you will not be disappointed!


Oh Man, your Gameroom is Awesome!!!!! I love the pins!!! My son and I are into Pinball Machines, we just purchased a Ghostbusters Pro. We also got a Vertigo Cab from VPCABS. The owner Brad is a Great Guy! https://virtualpinball.com

My son Matt just made a light box using my frames for his Transformers Translite. I have Translite frames listed on my website. He actually to the 2 x 2 scrapes from the crate and made the framing for the box, then used the partical board for the back of the box and then strung a set of LED lights on the board. It didn't take any time at all and came out great!

Anyway, again the game room is Awesome. Oh and those frames look good too!!!

Thanks for sharing buddy!!!!!
User avatar
SpotlightDisplays
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:52 am

Postby Jalkelly on Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:30 pm

Thanks! We have a GB pro on location near me, love the job zombie yeti did on the art package!

Currently sharing the game room with my 3yo daughter...that is "my side". Also have a ping pong table that I unfold as needed. While the room size is great at almost 700 sq ft unfortunately it is on the 2nd floor! I didn't know I would want pins/vids when we bought the house. Would love to move more games in and out but just not easy. Maybe one day!
Jalkelly
Member
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:34 am

PreviousNext

Return to Framing Corner



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests