Actor autographs

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:37 pm

cmatthews11 wrote:
Cinlabyrinth wrote:What's the best way to take a print to a con or event if the print has been flat it's entire life, and has been framed for a long time as well? Planning on going up to Dallas/FW area to get one autograph on a print of mine, but I want to make sure it's safe as can be while I'm walking around/waiting in lines.
You don't happen to be heading to Texas Frightmare Weekend?
Yes :D
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:38 pm

fredo wrote:Foamcore sammich?
Good point, that's pretty secure. I use that while waiting for framing, I'm dumb for not even thinking about it.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:08 pm

I use a 6" tube at conventions, etc. if it is a large poster. The foamcore sandwich gets annoying to drag around. If you carry it in a very wide tube, the poster will flatten out in a day tops.
sfxdan
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:40 pm

If the print isn't too big and you want to make sure the print keeps safe. Some people use a poly bag with a flap cut out, so you don't need to take the print out to get it signed and it also makes sure you get the autograph on the exact place you want it
revmod
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:02 pm

fredo wrote:Foamcore sammich?
That's exactly how I've been doing it. In the pictures on this thread, I've walked in with my prints flat in foamcore and head straight to the autograph line I'm interested in. When I get close to the front of the line, I unpack it, make sure that the paint pen I'm using is charged, and get the autograph. I find a spare space (usually an autograph table of someone on break) to let the paint dry for a few minutes - at the cons I've been to, volunteers have been very understanding of that. Once I have the autographs I want, I pack it all up again, haul it back out to the car, and then go back into the con unburdened.

I considered a large tube on the one occasion I thought I'd have to haul something around all day. But I managed to avoid it that time, and since the poster autographs are the main attraction to me, I have no qualms about planning my day around bringing them in and bringing them out. It's all been 18x24s and thereabouts, though. My first 24x36 might have me rethink the whole plan.
Drink like nobody's watching.
revmod
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:11 am

I didn't rethink my strategy after all. I just spent two of my four days at the 2014 Calgary Comic Expo packing around a gigantic foamcore sandwich from autograph line to autograph line. I'm pretty pleased with the result, though:
TaylorAliensAutographed2.jpg
Drink like nobody's watching.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:21 am

WAIT JUST A MINUTE! Sigourney Weaver was signing in Calgary? I'm in LA, but would have seriously considered flying up there had I known!!! :shock: Congrats!
MattTheCraw
Art Expert

Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:23 am

I got a ton of stuff - I shall eventually load some up!
Your Australian Poster Guy
MattTheCraw
Art Expert

Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:34 am

For starters
Your Australian Poster Guy