Poster Mountain Appreciation Thread

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:03 pm

INterested to see how this turns out

I have the EMKE Trips print that suffered tube crushage that I've always planned on restoring

It's GID- if any aspect of the restoration has impacts there, might be a no go.
postermount
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:37 pm

Hey everybody! Thanks so much for all the kind words! The Mummy restoration is coming along great and we'll do a little blog post about it (I'll drop a link to it in here). To answer questions... We will silkscreen a tiny version of our Poster Mountain logo onto the back of this, but for many of the silkscreened posters that we just simply flattened, or fixed dents/creases without altering them in any way, we haven't been marking them. I'd love to hear opinions on this. If y'all think we should mark every single one (no matter how minor the job) please let me know. I've been thinking about using a clear GID logo for our "tag". But for sure we've been logging them all into our database on our web site www.postermountain.com trying to document the procedures and of course the print numbers. That info is publicly accessible, just enter the database and type the word "silk" into the search (Some are described as "silkscreen" and some are "silk screen", so just use silk to see them all) :D
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:41 pm

postermount wrote: I've been thinking about using a clear GID logo for our "tag"
LOVE the idea :pint:

Thanks for being a poster medic :lol: and it really means a lot to have folks like yourself contribute to EB :pint:
mycrospazm
Art Expert

Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:45 pm

Welcome and thanks for all of the info. I will be sending you some pics shortly so I can get an assessment.

As for the tiny logo on back, I say go for it. I would never sell a restored print without full-disclosure, but I know that there are some out there that probably would and this could act as a deterrent.
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:48 pm

I don't see why a poster that is just flattened needs to be stamped.

No repairs = No Stamp
Repairs = Stamp
ulrick
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:52 pm

Mine doesn't have a stamp in the back.
Last edited by ulrick on Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Ulrick

The great white buffalo!
rubberneck
Art God

Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:54 pm

mr_rugby wrote:I don't see why a poster that is just flattened needs to be stamped.

No repairs = No Stamp
Repairs = Stamp
Flattening involves a chemical 'wash' and special secret handling by PM so the print has been 'repaired' somewhat...?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:10 pm

rubberneck wrote:
mr_rugby wrote:I don't see why a poster that is just flattened needs to be stamped.

No repairs = No Stamp
Repairs = Stamp
Flattening involves a chemical 'wash' and special secret handling by PM so the print has been 'repaired' somewhat...?
What repair was made to the print itself?
rubberneck
Art God

Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:14 pm

mr_rugby wrote:
rubberneck wrote:

No repairs = No Stamp
Repairs = Stamp
Just sayin its been thru a chemical wash so its been altered somewhat...not mint, imo.

mr_rugby
Art Expert

Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:17 pm

rubberneck wrote:
mr_rugby wrote:
rubberneck wrote:

No repairs = No Stamp
Repairs = Stamp
Just sayin its been thru a chemical wash so its been altered somewhat...not mint, imo.
I just repaired my car today, I put premium fuel in it.
rubberneck
Art God

Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:27 pm

All jokes aside, what I'm saying is the paper and inks have been altered chemically, who knows the impact on, or if longevity of the paper fibres are affected. Full disclosure for a true collector should mean any alteration or correction, no matter how slight after it leaves the printing house, should be reported. If the seller is reticent to do so, then the repair house watermark ensures its documented.

hayward96
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:41 pm

rubberneck wrote:
mr_rugby wrote:
rubberneck wrote:

No repairs = No Stamp
Repairs = Stamp
andrewpiro wrote:
biscocrack420 wrote:None. As soon as they are rolled to ship they lose mint condition status.
This. No poster is mint.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:42 pm

mr_rugby wrote:
rubberneck wrote:
mr_rugby wrote:
rubberneck wrote:Flattening involves a chemical 'wash' and special secret handling by PM so the print has been 'repaired' somewhat...?
I just repaired my car today, I put premium fuel in it.
Is your car made of paper? :wink:
Gkohler
Art Expert

Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:27 pm

John is the coolest dude around! Every time i see him over at poster mountain he walks me around for a bit, check out new stuff, as well as his growing personal collection. Every poster he's restored for me turned out incredible! especially that Stout LOST. Oh man did he ever save the day on that one!
"We're growing mold, on the fruits of our labors"
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:30 pm

I was really thinking of the ones where they actually added paint back on prints that had cracked or pieces just didn't exist,
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump