Poster Mountain Appreciation Thread

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
LoneStarHawkeye
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:09 pm

I forgot to take pictures of the poster before I took it there, but there were 4 pin holes they fixed and did some light air brushing around the white border to fix some dis-colorization. They also had to repair some slight separations in the middle of the print where the folds were. Looks fantastic and then I took it to Framing Devil to put it all together. Very happy with result. I'll be taking my ESB Ver. A when I get the chance. I tried for direct shots, but they all turned out with to much flash and there wasn't enough light to do much.

F5Gal

Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:31 pm

Does anyone know if PM still accept restoration work for prints and posters? I read somewhere that they stopped accepting non-vintage posters for restoration. I have some posters that needs restoration from creases and dings.
Cragars
Art Expert

Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:39 am

Contact them?
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:05 pm

LoneStarHawkeye wrote:I forgot to take pictures of the poster before I took it there, but there were 4 pin holes they fixed and did some light air brushing around the white border to fix some dis-colorization. They also had to repair some slight separations in the middle of the print where the folds were. Looks fantastic and then I took it to Framing Devil to put it all together. Very happy with result. I'll be taking my ESB Ver. A when I get the chance. I tried for direct shots, but they all turned out with to much flash and there wasn't enough light to do much.

Hope your SW teaser here has the GAU union logo in the bottom center margin...otherwise: repop.
Froilan
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:37 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:
LoneStarHawkeye wrote:
Hope your SW teaser here has the GAU union logo in the bottom center margin...otherwise: repop.
What's a GAU Union Logo? Asked most of the "Mondo Collectors" on EB. :P
"... and then for one of them to come out and call out another artist for contributing to the over-saturated world of uninspired lazy art…" - Brad Klausen
LoneStarHawkeye
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:09 am

Yes Wonka, it has the GAU logo. I had it verified at cinemasterpieces when I was driving though arizona after I got it.
wonkabars7 wrote:
LoneStarHawkeye wrote:I forgot to take pictures of the poster before I took it there, but there were 4 pin holes they fixed and did some light air brushing around the white border to fix some dis-colorization. They also had to repair some slight separations in the middle of the print where the folds were. Looks fantastic and then I took it to Framing Devil to put it all together. Very happy with result. I'll be taking my ESB Ver. A when I get the chance. I tried for direct shots, but they all turned out with to much flash and there wasn't enough light to do much.

ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:36 am

May we please see the whole thing? Please? :2thumb:
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
LoneStarHawkeye
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:19 pm

Here is the only other picture I have of it currently without a horrible flash... need to get it in better light or figure a better angle with a flood on it.

CaptNemo
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:25 pm

This is a cool thread, and so I am bumping it. Thank to the contributors.
mcnail wrote: "We are just trying to make and sell posters. Cheers"
tstout wrote: "in general though, you're not missing out.... on life. its all around you. in the wind. in the woods. we're sharing it together. i'm right behind you."
mdelatorre89

Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:04 am

Happy I found these guys a few months back. They do great work!
mexicoisfun
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:04 pm

I've got a poltergeist print that I'm hoping PM can restore.

flip flip flipadelphia
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:21 am

You might want to check with them. IIRC they are only doing vintage restorations now. Might be wrong though.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
mexicoisfun
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:51 am

I sent them an email with pictures. Hopefully they can help, doesn't make since to limit your market and only do vintage.
flip flip flipadelphia
Rainbolt
Art Expert

Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:40 pm

mexicoisfun wrote:I sent them an email with pictures. Hopefully they can help, doesn't make since to limit your market and only do vintage.
That is their business model so it makes perfect sense. John tried to open it up to mondo type posters but found people in this group to be very difficult to work with at times. Actually had someone ask him to pay full market price for a print they fixed but then the client sold it and it got damaged because it wasn't supposed to be rolled again. But because he assumed the client would never sell it he never mentioned it.

Different clientele, different habits, different headaches.
“Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.”
IndyDMBFan
Art Expert

Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:06 pm

I had PM quote me on an Obey print recently, so I assume they would still be willing to work with non vintage items.

It was however more expensive than what the print would be worth, so I passed at the moment.

They do great work, I've had 2 prints restored in the past, but ya.....you can't roll the prints again once they are restored, so it better be a print that you want to hang.