Poster Mountain Appreciation Thread

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:16 am

That is awesome. I love the WPA National Parks posters this has that same great style.
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
Froilan
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:54 am

thescofieldkid wrote:Never got around to posting pics of final product. Thanks again PM, you guys are my heroes.

Beautiful poster! Just beautiful!
"... and then for one of them to come out and call out another artist for contributing to the over-saturated world of uninspired lazy art…" - Brad Klausen
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:50 pm

Anyone know if PM can do anything about toning and staining on paper? Looking to pick up an item but it has some toning/discoloration from age and a small area of staining (looks like it got wet at some point).
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
cgmarshall
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:31 pm

Great thread. :clap:
natepachl
Art Expert

Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:52 pm

Can't believe this thread has eluded me.....awesome!
I wouldn't deal with JakeStanley / eBay user fratdaddyjake
Philpenn
Art Expert

Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:10 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:Anyone know if PM can do anything about toning and staining on paper? Looking to pick up an item but it has some toning/discoloration from age and a small area of staining (looks like it got wet at some point).
The gel bath can sometimes lift new/light stains, but if they're soaked into the paper fibers they can only airbrush over them. I've sent two old punk gig posters one with a mystery stain and one with water stains, and neither came out in the bath.
swabie2424
Art Expert

Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:23 pm

Just visited Poster Mountain for the first time. Got the tour and saw what they're working on. They do amazing work. Really cool to see the craftsmanship involved. I dropped off a damaged piece with a large crease and they're going to do their magic.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
jjttdw
Art Expert

Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:32 pm

Froilan wrote:
SurfingJeff wrote:
Cheese318 wrote:http://www.postermountain.com/form/posters/view/9256

Wonder if this was ever sold for a tremendous amount of money. Washed and resized
I think perhaps "resizing" means something different than you might expect in the paper conservator world - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sizing. To add more confusion though, I was told that John's flattening process can change the print dimensions slightly. I'd be curious to hear exactly what "resized" means in this case.
The print does stretch out but it's miniscule. Very, very miniscule.
I sent a print in to have flattened and it went in as 9" x 24" and it came back as 9' x 24 3/8". I wouldn't call it very, very miniscule. With that said I am happy with how it turned out and would do it again. In fact I am sending something there Monday.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:48 pm

jjttdw wrote:
Froilan wrote:
SurfingJeff wrote:
Cheese318 wrote:http://www.postermountain.com/form/posters/view/9256

Wonder if this was ever sold for a tremendous amount of money. Washed and resized
I think perhaps "resizing" means something different than you might expect in the paper conservator world - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sizing. To add more confusion though, I was told that John's flattening process can change the print dimensions slightly. I'd be curious to hear exactly what "resized" means in this case.
The print does stretch out but it's miniscule. Very, very miniscule.
I sent a print in to have flattened and it went in as 9" x 24" and it came back as 9' x 24 3/8". I wouldn't call it very, very miniscule. With that said I am happy with how it turned out and would do it again. In fact I am sending something there Monday.
9 feet?!?!? :shock: That is some serious stretching. :lol:
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
Rainbolt
Art Expert

Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:00 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
jjttdw wrote:
Froilan wrote:
SurfingJeff wrote:
9 feet?!?!? :shock: That is some serious stretching. :lol:

Wakka Wakka wakka!! :lol:
“Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.”
chalkdust
Art Expert

Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:59 am

sixstringer
Art Expert

Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:26 pm

At Poster Mountain for ATG dis-mount and minor flattening. Since it was improperly mounted on all 4 corners & centers (courtesy Skyline Frame Chelsea,NY) it developed some waves. Stupid framers. :hanging:

Still pretty stoked with it though!
MBW1.jpg
MBW.jpg
LoneStarHawkeye
Art Enthusiast

Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:08 pm

I dropped off a Ver. B of A New Hope there awhile back that was folded, had some slight tears on the folds, and had 4 pin holes in it that they all repaired and airbrushed the pinholes and then linen backed it. I didn't have them completely restore it as I love the fold lines in it.

Currently it's at Framing Devil, can't wait to see it finally finished.
Hellboy
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:45 am

LoneStarHawkeye wrote:I dropped off a Ver. B of A New Hope there awhile back that was folded, had some slight tears on the folds, and had 4 pin holes in it that they all repaired and airbrushed the pinholes and then linen backed it. I didn't have them completely restore it as I love the fold lines in it.

Currently it's at Framing Devil, can't wait to see it finally finished.
Be sure to post some pics. Before and afters would be great, if you have them.
TKuczynski
Art Expert

Thu May 15, 2014 12:22 pm

I'm stoked about this one. I had it linen backed and touched up at the tears and scuffed areas. This thing is over 60 inches long.

BEFORE PM

AFTER PM (Horkeys for scale)