Newbie...how to store prints

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
summoner
Art Freak

Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:29 pm

Kerrick wrote:Still kinda new to this whole storing issue so hopefully this is not a silly question.
I can't find acid free foam board where I live, only the regular ones.
What I did find though was acid free white paper. Would it be enough of a storage solution to put them on both sides of the print? Like Paper, print, paper, print... and then put them under my bed to serve as weightening?
You will want to have something rigid on both sides as well somewhere in that mix. For short term, get some regular foam core and start off with foam > paper > print > paper > print > paper > foam core. That will get you by just fine until you can find a fully acid free solution.
Image Image Image
smm24339
Art Connoisseur

Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:12 am

soleblazer wrote:billy, your post on the flat file was most helpful. I appreciate everyones posts here, I love this place.

I echo his comments. Thanks to all for these suggestions.
DjPhaze
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:34 am

I have a question about flattening prints. i have 2 acid free foamcore boards. i have about 6 prints(24x36) i want to flatten. Can i put more than one print between the foamcore boards to flatten them? If so how many prints to be safe? Also should i put some kind of acid free tissue between the prints? Thanks
summoner
Art Freak

Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:23 am

DjPhaze wrote:I have a question about flattening prints. i have 2 acid free foamcore boards. i have about 6 prints(24x36) i want to flatten. Can i put more than one print between the foamcore boards to flatten them? If so how many prints to be safe? Also should i put some kind of acid free tissue between the prints? Thanks
Yes, and Yes.
Image Image Image
DjPhaze
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:06 pm

summoner wrote:
DjPhaze wrote:I have a question about flattening prints. i have 2 acid free foamcore boards. i have about 6 prints(24x36) i want to flatten. Can i put more than one print between the foamcore boards to flatten them? If so how many prints to be safe? Also should i put some kind of acid free tissue between the prints? Thanks
Yes, and Yes.
Thanks. I have some craft paper and i was wondering if i can use this to put in between the prints to flatten them?
de3zie

Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:16 pm

Just wanted everyone to know that this has been a super helpful thread!!
danjohnjohnson
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:17 am

Agreed. This thread has been very helpful!

Long-time lurker but I finally got around to making a profile. Looking forward to being part of the community!

Storage question: I'm in the process of building a wooden flat-file. As far as storing is concerned, will I be alright keeping my prints in the drawers, with just pieces of Kraft paper separating them? I see alot of people suggestion tissue paper, but nothing regarding Kraft.

Appreciate the help!