Jerry's Artarama: Picturesque Presentation Portfolio - 24x36

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
soupysound
EB Team

Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:48 pm

never owned a flatfile.... but i really like the PPP.

what are the advantages of a flat file over a PPP? seems to be more space required. is storage that much greater in flat file?
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:00 pm

soupysound wrote:never owned a flatfile.... but i really like the PPP.

what are the advantages of a flat file over a PPP? seems to be more space required. is storage that much greater in flat file?
I have 5 drawers in my flat file where I can keep two 24x36 side by side and probably at least 10 high in each stack. My bottom drawer has one of the 24x36 portfolios in it and a ton of room on each side still. I have too many damn prints.

Plus, I use it as a stand under my tv to keep the cable box, router, Xbox and just other fudge.
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:03 pm

soupysound wrote:never owned a flatfile.... but i really like the PPP.

I moved to 24x36 clear bags last year and find them the most flexible for easy access to prints.

http://www.framedestination.com/bags/pr ... em/BGPRBA/

I still keep my more high end stuff in Portfolios for fear of them getting damaged in a flat file drawer. However back in 2013 the sheets were changed somewhat and got a bit smaller. Prints were too snug or had a portion sticking out of sheet.

As a result I stopped buying Portfolios. Those I have with full size sheets are great for transporting or browsing thru as needed. It's all about how you want to use them imo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:09 pm

The new matte finish sheets have been great size-wise, nothing extra sticking out or anything. Bought a couple 5-page packs and they've been much easier to work with than the older ones.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
MrWorldWide
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:05 am

AliRock110 wrote:So I finally got around to taking some of my prints and getting them into my PPP. Tobin's TR and Unbreakable measure 24X36 and they slid in no prob. Thank you Mr. Worldwide. This will be my preffered storage until I get my house and could get a proper Flatfile.
np. glad I could be of help
mattkardish
Art Expert

Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:11 pm

quick glance, couldn't find storage capacity on these. how many 24x36's can you fit in one of these portfolios? in a safe manner of course
FroDawg
Art Expert

Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:03 am

Just got this from Jerry's:

Unfortunately at this time we are not restocking those items. We were having a lot of trouble getting our orders in from the manufacturer so we are currently looking for something similar to this or seeing if we can buy these from another vender. I do apologize for any inconvenience.
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
Brazzzy
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:40 am

FroDawg wrote:Just got this from Jerry's:

Unfortunately at this time we are not restocking those items. We were having a lot of trouble getting our orders in from the manufacturer so we are currently looking for something similar to this or seeing if we can buy these from another vender. I do apologize for any inconvenience.
this is no good. this is no good at all.
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:17 pm

Brazzzy wrote:

Thanks Trump! :hanging:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
veltri
Art Expert

Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:23 pm

mattkardish wrote:quick glance, couldn't find storage capacity on these. how many 24x36's can you fit in one of these portfolios? in a safe manner of course
I wouldn't go much more than 40.
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
toecephus

Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:27 pm

rubberneck wrote:
Brazzzy wrote:

Thanks Trump! :hanging:
I ended up getting a 24x36 toploader from these guys http://www.bcwsupplies.com/ probably wouldn't want to keep in there long term, a little wobbly but at least good enough to get a single print up to the framer.
Figment87
Art Enthusiast

Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:21 pm

I know a lot of people have been looking for a 24x36 portfolio, and I discovered that Bags Unlimited makes presentation books, but, unfortunately, not in that size. I called a couple of days ago to see if this is a product that they would a) custom make, or b) start producing if there were enough people interested. I told them that there were a lot of people that would be interested in purchasing this product. Option A wasn't feasible, but I was told that if there was a need that wasn't being met, there was a likelihood that a product could be made. I was asked to send any information that would be helpful for their assessment. I have started a Google Sheet that people can put their name on. I plan to send the link to Bags Unlimited so they can monitor it too. Not sure anything will come of this, but here's hoping. The link is below. If anyone has any better ideas of how to get them the info, please share.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
mtarail
Art Expert

Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:30 am

rubberneck wrote:
I still keep my more high end stuff in Portfolios for fear of them getting damaged in a flat file drawer. However back in 2013 the sheets were changed somewhat and got a bit smaller. Prints were too snug or had a portion sticking out of sheet.
Agree with this. They're just a mm or 2 smaller, but it makes it very hard to get a true 24 x 36 print in it.

Isn't our hobby big enough for some enterprising person to make a 24.5 x 36.5 portfolio and sleeves, that'll handle 24 x 36 prints without any stress?
soupysound
EB Team

Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:50 am

^^^ they fixed the sizing of the sheets in the most recent batch. i have both. the newer ones were sized correctly and fit 24x36 prints much better than the old ones.