Texas crew needing flat files

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
iambillyg
Art Freak

Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:11 am

Got the address. On my way. Price will depend on UHaul cost and gas.

Will update when I get them home. Austin people, can you pick them up from me today?
tehhippy
Art Expert

Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:14 am

Nice work! You picking up one or two?
iambillyg
Art Freak

Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:07 pm

Not sure yet. Based on how many people were interested I was going to at least get 1 pallette (4). Also depends how many I can fit.

About an hour away. Already $70 in gas. Ugh.
Pineapple007
Art Expert

Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:59 pm

Cant pick up today but I would LOVE one! I will help cover gas :notworthy:
"Get up, you son of a bitch! 'Cause Micky loves ya."
Image Order of the Monarch #21
Image Image
rmoore
Art Expert

Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:09 pm

iambillyg wrote:Got the address. On my way. Price will depend on UHaul cost and gas.

Will update when I get them home. Austin people, can you pick them up from me today?
Where do you live? I may be able to.
iambillyg
Art Freak

Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:01 pm

Currently in Temple. Will be home in about an hour. Gotta take the uhaul back by 530.

Will post again when I'm home. I'll also include pics.

Holy fudge this is a lot of driving...
Pineapple007
Art Expert

Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:54 pm

iambillyg wrote:Currently in Temple. Will be home in about an hour. Gotta take the uhaul back by 530.

Will post again when I'm home. I'll also include pics.

Holy fudge this is a lot of driving...
Thats awesome! :clap:
"Get up, you son of a bitch! 'Cause Micky loves ya."
Image Order of the Monarch #21
Image Image
nimsu8
Art Expert

Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:58 pm

What would cost be? Would they fit in the trunk of a car?
Anonymous - "One of these days I'm going to type something clever or funny and it will end up as someone signature...one of these days"
tehhippy
Art Expert

Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:16 pm

nimsu8 wrote:What would cost be? Would they fit in the trunk of a car?
Haven't dimensions been posted?
iambillyg
Art Freak

Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:28 pm

Long post will be long..

Just got back to my apartment. The flat files are safely being stored at my parents house in Hutto.

To start, I won't be selling the FFs tonight. Today has been long as balls and I'm insanely tired. The original post was for Singleton, TX, but it turned out to be on Singleton Blvd. in Dallas. So more driving = more fun, right?!?! Wrong. Woke up this morning at 7, hit the road at 9ish and am just now getting home. So if anyone was really hoping to pick one up tonight, I really apologize but I don't have the energy to drive up to Hutto again to load / deliver.

Regarding the files themselves, I haven't measured them, but they're pretty good size, and they're heavy as hell. I got to the location, and it was some warehouse that was being cleaned out. There was a lot of office furniture and other random things that I was told were all for sale. Remaining were 3 pallettes with 4 FFs on each (one of those had 2 damaged files). I opted to only get 1 pallette (with all perfect files). I could have carried back maybe 2 more individuals, but decided not to.

The pictures on Craiglist provided pretty limited detail so here are some better pics I took once I got back:

Top individual FF.

Three.

Side / bottom.

Drawer. (Not pulled out completely) *** This is the only one with a covered top ***

Base for stacked files.

The demensions were posted a page or so back, but here they are again: 29" deep x 15.5" tall x 41" wide. They could fit in a trunk, but I think I'd feel better placing them in the bed of a truck or SUV.

Now to the price. Obviously, this was a pretty stressful day for me, but there's no reason to take that out on you guys. I'm going to be selling 3 of the 4. I'm going to keep one for myself and restore it / paint it. I've thought to do this with another of them, only sell 2 now, and then sell it at a higher price later on but decided against it. I will be keeping one that does not have a top. I'm planning on placing a piece of glass on top when doing my restore. (I'll post a before / after eventually.)

$150 (Price of 3 units) -- Notice I took out my own personal file.
+ $40.21 (UHAUL cost)
+ $138.96 (GAS) -- Blame my parents for having an F250 SuperCab.
= $329.17 TOTAL

Now, dividing this by 3, due to 3 individual buyers = $109.72 each. Let's round it up to $110.00 a piece. If anyone wants to throw in a little extra as a tip, I won't say no. :) If you need it delivered to you, I hope you'll understand if I add a bit more (right now I'm thinking $10.00, but I'm also running on little sleep after a long day) so depending on your location it could rise.

KEEF, MOOG and RMOORE were the first to contact me about them so, for the time being, I'm holding them for those individuals.

Sorry for the long post about my day / the break down of the price. I didn't want to simply list them at $150 each! and try to take advantage of people. I've been on these boards for only 2 months, but every so far has been pretty decent, and I want to do the same.

Cheers fellas.
keefdotorg
Art Expert

Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:41 pm

PM'd!
tehhippy
Art Expert

Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:05 pm

WTF, they're in Dallas?! Wish that guy would have emailed me. Those look way too clean to "restore" or even paint...

How many Dallas people are interested?
tehhippy
Art Expert

Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:12 pm

Are those drawer or cabinet dimensions?
iambillyg
Art Freak

Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:35 pm

RMOORE just picked up the top file, also received the base. Really awesome guy and very nice. Thanks a lot for everything. The prints are awesome. Especially dig the metallics on 'Life' and my girlfriend loved 'Plunge'. Definitely so much more than I expected. :D
tehhippy wrote:Are those drawer or cabinet dimensions?
Hope these crappy iPhone pics help.

WIDE

DEEP