How to Ship a Print

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..

Postby Codeblue on Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:57 am

Library street collective ships this way (which is prolly who he's taking about). It's drymounting annoying.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby PLUSH on Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:58 am

shidarin wrote:
golobulus wrote:Just received a thick tube with the sides of the caps stapled through the sides of the tube. Can we agree that this should *never* be done! Oh the frustration! Tape is sufficient!

G1988 does this. Takes me forever to unpack.

Regarding packing tape on the end caps- you don't need a lot of it, but you do need good packing tape. Crummy tape won't stick reliable no matter how much tape you use, and a single strip of great packing tape around the edge of a cap will hold it as surely as a staple if not better.

This stuff is beastly: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005P7P9M ... 5e_g229_i5

I love the USPS Priority tape. I get it from my local PO because I drop off stuff so much. It is thin and strong which makes it just right for the end caps.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Postby shidarin on Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:41 am

PLUSH wrote:
shidarin wrote:
golobulus wrote:Just received a thick tube with the sides of the caps stapled through the sides of the tube. Can we agree that this should *never* be done! Oh the frustration! Tape is sufficient!

G1988 does this. Takes me forever to unpack.

Regarding packing tape on the end caps- you don't need a lot of it, but you do need good packing tape. Crummy tape won't stick reliable no matter how much tape you use, and a single strip of great packing tape around the edge of a cap will hold it as surely as a staple if not better.

This stuff is beastly: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005P7P9M ... 5e_g229_i5

I love the USPS Priority tape. I get it from my local PO because I drop off stuff so much. It is thin and strong which makes it just right for the end caps.

Before I found this stuff, that's what I used. This stuff is on another level of strongness.
shidarin
Art Connoisseur

Postby Kramerica on Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:49 pm

Bump
Kramerica
Art Freak

When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH

Previous

Return to Art Care