How to Ship a Print

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..

Postby Codeblue on Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:57 am

Library street collective ships this way (which is prolly who he's taking about). It's drymounting annoying.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby PLUSH on Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:58 am

shidarin wrote:
golobulus wrote:Just received a thick tube with the sides of the caps stapled through the sides of the tube. Can we agree that this should *never* be done! Oh the frustration! Tape is sufficient!

G1988 does this. Takes me forever to unpack.

Regarding packing tape on the end caps- you don't need a lot of it, but you do need good packing tape. Crummy tape won't stick reliable no matter how much tape you use, and a single strip of great packing tape around the edge of a cap will hold it as surely as a staple if not better.

This stuff is beastly: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005P7P9M ... 5e_g229_i5

I love the USPS Priority tape. I get it from my local PO because I drop off stuff so much. It is thin and strong which makes it just right for the end caps.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Postby shidarin on Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:41 am

PLUSH wrote:
shidarin wrote:
golobulus wrote:Just received a thick tube with the sides of the caps stapled through the sides of the tube. Can we agree that this should *never* be done! Oh the frustration! Tape is sufficient!

G1988 does this. Takes me forever to unpack.

Regarding packing tape on the end caps- you don't need a lot of it, but you do need good packing tape. Crummy tape won't stick reliable no matter how much tape you use, and a single strip of great packing tape around the edge of a cap will hold it as surely as a staple if not better.

This stuff is beastly: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005P7P9M ... 5e_g229_i5

I love the USPS Priority tape. I get it from my local PO because I drop off stuff so much. It is thin and strong which makes it just right for the end caps.

Before I found this stuff, that's what I used. This stuff is on another level of strongness.
shidarin
Art Connoisseur

Postby Kramerica on Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:49 pm

Bump
Kramerica
Art Freak

When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH

Postby bigmuls on Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:39 pm

Is there anything on here on how to ship a print flat? Suggestions on shipping supplies for shipping flat?

I'm looking to get some shipping supplies to send off some small prints that have to be shipped flat such as some of Fairey's letterpress prints. Thanks!
bigmuls
Art Expert

Postby jjttdw on Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:01 pm

I just cut up boxes to a couple inches larger than the print. I've also used foam core. Usually 5 layers is enough to keep things safe. Make sure to fashion some sort of corners to keep the prints in place.
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby sixstringer on Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:20 pm

flatpackaprint.jpg
flatpackaprint.jpg (86.66 KiB) Viewed 104 times

Use multiple layers of cardboard and be sure the cross the direction of the grain for maximum taco proofing.
sixstringer
Art Expert

Postby bigmuls on Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:41 pm

Thanks! I'm debating between rigid mailers and perforated cardboard mailers. I might try to cut up some boxes as well, but I have too many prints to ship that would make it too time consuming.
bigmuls
Art Expert

Previous

Return to Art Care