Flatening

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
piemel
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:51 pm

xoxo
Last edited by piemel on Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bakedbeens
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:37 am

Yeah and your piece could be done as well.
I always try to err on the side of caution for any collectibles since condition is such a big deal these days.

And as for the artists' offhand storage practices, I offer this analogy: Have you ever seen the home stereo systems of musicians? They're usually something that is about one step from the curb since they possess the tools and ability to actually make their own music, and they understand that it's all temporary.

Why we collectors are obsessed with stopping the flow of time since it is a losing battle is beyond me. Let's see, today I'll place the blame on Future Shock, that's always a good one. The train of the world is always pulling out of the station just as you get to the platform.
Terrapin9614
New User

Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:40 pm

those being kranky about overconcerned collectors and their flattening questions, well, that's why we're posting on this forum, isn't it? Not to sound pretentious, but an art care forum seems to be a good place for people concerned about the condition of their art.

I work in a library at a major university, and I work in part doing preservation for old music scores. there are really unbelievable art and books falling apart because people 100 and 150 years ago treated them like crap. sure, archival storage doesn't matter for the majority of our lifetimes. but if you've got good art, that you're pationate about, or you're like me and your stuff is constantly getting f*^$%ed up, then going through the pains and spending of archival storage is really the only way to go.
Bread8
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:08 pm

i've heard foreign books work best. especially if they have spanish sonnets in them.

i prefer to use the billions of remote controls i have though.