Stain on poster

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
AstroFan
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:21 am

I received a poster(the description may be helped if you are familiar with the Pearl Jam Gorge 2005 poster) with something that looks like a skid mark in the middle of the poster. It is right on the light blue area of the fiddler, if you are familiar with this particular poster.

It isn't a dark black, and in some spots I can see through it to the blue underneath, but while it does not ruin the poster, I would like to get it fixed as it is fairly noticeable.

There is also a black mark that looks as if somebody dropped a pen on it and slightly smeared it, but that is a lot less noticeable and I could make do if that was the only problem.

So, does anybody know a way that I could try to safely remove this? Or do you know if a frame store would be able to do it and give an estimate on what it may cost? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Bakedbeens
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:17 am

If you're sure that it's not a printing smudge and really want to get rid of it, try the repair experts at: www.chameleonrestoration.com
They do so much with just the notes that they have. I mean who does that? Who messes with that kind of stuff?
Pitbos
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:45 pm

Did you buy the poster knowing that it was in this condition?
AstroFan
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:35 pm

Thanks for the link.

I bought it through the Pearl Jam fanclub, not from an individual person, so there wasn't a description on the condition of the poster.

I have some pictures I took of the poster if it would be any help.

2 closeups of the biggest problem:

1 of the smaller marks:

1 of the entire poster:

The big stain is more noticeable than the last picture lets on, but I could live with it if nothing else can be done.
jojobadass
Art God

Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:59 pm

that looks mint to me
thegig
Art Expert

Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:35 pm

jojobadass wrote:that looks mint to me
Yeah, that looks like an ink smudge from printing. Adds character. :wink: