Help me use linen cloth tape.....

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:00 pm

Good luck! I outsourced the job to a professional.
brucered
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:40 pm

Codeblue wrote:Good luck! I outsourced the job to a professional.
i would get it done professionally, but they people in my city (michaels crafts, and few other smaller places) seem to be overpriced. i want to get a couple Pearl Jam poster framed, and i'm looking at around $200 Canadian each. i can buy a logan 750 for about $350CA and the supplies and it will end up being around the same price. i'll make the frames myself out of solid wood.

i don't really trust the Michaels people anyway, they don't seem to know what they are doing. some 14yr old working the counter. no thanks.
Bakedbeens
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:54 pm

When my friend gets back from her sabbatical, I'll have to see if I can wrangle her over here and put up her thoughts since she does this for a living. I think that you've got it about right so far though. She uses linen tape sometimes, and sometimes mylar corners. I'll have to ask her about the Japanese paper hinges.
They do so much with just the notes that they have. I mean who does that? Who messes with that kind of stuff?