Sleeves, Boards, Etc.

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
hainshead
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:37 pm

I am getting around to dealing with my oversized prints that do not fit in my Itoya folios and was looking at Bags Unlimited. I was going to order a package of 10 mylar sleeves and then the backers of the same size but you can only buy backers in quanties of 25? This is like hot dogs and rolls not being grouped in the same quantities. Anyone know where I could buy the acid free backing board in quantities of 10? I wouldn't care but it does add up and hell, I need this $$ for posters! Also, what size framing corners have people had the most success with? I was digging the 1/2" assuming they won't interfer with the actual art but was wondering if they are too small for larger prints. Any help appreciated. Thanks!
morst
EB Team

Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:19 pm

use the bigger corners, especially for larger pieces, so they don't press into the paper so much. They are almost invisible in most lighting anyway.
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:38 pm

I found the smaller corners harder to deal with regardless of print size. Hell, they're transparent so for backing mounting, it doesn't matter to me anyway. For framing, I'd use the strips which are easily trimmed but for simple storage...

Hear ya on the backing material quantities... Haven't yet found a good solution.
Tra la la la la...