Help finding a frame shop north NJ

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
antsmarchn
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:19 am

I need help finding a good frame shop in north NJ. I have had only 1 poster framed, the pollock halloween 95 reprint. People will freak when I tell them it was framed at the arts and crafts store Michaels. I did make sure it wasnt dry mounted and was told numerous times that it is held in with mylar corners, so its easily removable. After hearing all these horror stories about the store, what should I look for when picking a frame shop?
franklinstowr
Flipper

Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:56 pm

antsmarchn wrote:I need help finding a good frame shop in north NJ. I have had only 1 poster framed, the pollock halloween 95 reprint. People will freak when I tell them it was framed at the arts and crafts store Michaels. I did make sure it wasnt dry mounted and was told numerous times that it is held in with mylar corners, so its easily removable. After hearing all these horror stories about the store, what should I look for when picking a frame shop?
I'd ask them what they consider archival framing, and what methods they use. If they say drymount or spray mount - red flag. !

Where in North Jersey are you? I may be able to make some recommendations, depending on where your located