Online framers that aren't American Frame - links?

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
mistersmith
Art Freak

Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:20 am

AF is okay, but their stuff is cheeseball and the print I'm trying to frame keeps triggering the "oversize" charge.

I looked through four pages of this Art Care section...what are the other decent online frame sources that do it all, like AF? Thanks.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
dirkstainly
EB Team

Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:55 am

I Don't know about the quality of materials for any of these sites, but three places I've looked:

www.pictureframes.com -- I like their custom framing shop better than any other. This one has an oversize shipping charge that kicks in at 50 UI if I remember correctly ($5 at that level) and then goes up from there.

www.framesbymail.com -- also has ability to "see before you buy". Don't know the quality of their stuff either. Can't remember but it probably has an oversize shipping thing too.

www.frameusa.com -- not sure how big a frame you're looking for. This may have some ready mades that will work, or not. Don't know about oversize shipping charges.

That's what I've found. Anyone else have ideas for custom frame places on the 'net?
donf2000
New User

Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:12 pm

http://www.webpictureframes.com

By far the best picture framing company on the web. They ship things assembled at sizes far greater then any other company. They do have some over size fees for large things but their prices are still so good. The greatest thing besides great prices is their ability to see the prices immediately not registering BS. They are very transparent and they do amazing work with super products. No Cheese here.
simianfever
Art Expert

Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:21 pm

In addition to AF, I've used framesbymail.com and framedestination.com

I've been happy with the frames from both companies, I don't think framesbymail has UV protected glass/plexi option so you may need to source that elsewhere however.