Which way to roll your prints?

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..

Postby ygolohcysp on Mon May 14, 2018 11:24 am

If you've ever wondered this, who do you think is the best person to ask? I asked a few different printers and summarized what I was told below. If anyone knows best IMHO, it's going to be the people producing the items. You can make your own judgement from there:

1. Always roll with the natural grain of the paper. Find it and roll that way if the print has never been rolled.
2. If the print has been rolled one way already, always roll it that way again. Do not try to counter roll.
3. A large screen print with no discernible paper grain direction that has not been rolled previously should be rolled ink side out.

If your print came ink side out the first time it was rolled, that was done on purpose to protect the ink, so you should thank the person doing so instead of complaining.
ygolohcysp
Art Connoisseur

Postby RambosRemodeler on Mon May 14, 2018 11:31 am

Always hot dog. Never hamburger duh
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.

Postby oldgreg on Tue May 15, 2018 9:04 am

Start at one corner and roll diagonally has always worked well for me
oldgreg
Art Connoisseur

Postby PLUSH on Tue May 15, 2018 9:23 am

Codeblue wrote:What feels best on the Peen?
PLUSH
Art Expert

Return to Art Care