Site Update - Capital Fundraising

Official Expresso Beans Art News.
IndyDMBFan
Art Expert

Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:26 am

cotis wrote:
Yamar wrote:Oh... and we crested the $4500 mark while I slept... about $2000 raised yesterday... 15% thus far...
but where's the nifty graphic showing what else we need??!?

RottenAtom
Art Freak

Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:44 am

Donated. Busy week ahead. I'll raffle off a rare test print or one-off for the cause when I return.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:06 pm

OK, if we are throwing suggestions out there...I always wanted a "Newest ISOs" link right below the "Newest Trades" link on the left side of the home page. Just a quick, easy way to see all the most recent ISOs that people have posted and see if they matchup with anything you are looking to sell. Is that possible?
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
steub13
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:15 pm

Done :pint:
golobulus
Art Expert

Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:29 pm

Donation sent :pint: Ready to start beta testing! Would be awesome to setup some web scraping from 411posters, insidetherockposterframe, omgposters, etc to autopopulate new art submissions.
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:15 pm

New art is never going to be "auto-scraped". Sorry, but it takes a little personal motivation (and about 5 minutes) to do a submission. Yes, approvals can take a bit longer, but such is the nature of a volunteer run site. This falls in the same vein as if we tried to auto-scrape eBay for auctions -- just not likely to happen/work and even what did, would still need manual approvals after that so...

Donations are up to just shy of $5K as of this afternoon...
Tra la la la la...
sidewaysscott
Art God

Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:18 pm

Thanks Yamar.

Was wondering what's the timeline for the capital funding? What happens if the goal isn't met?

Is there an upgrade wish list? Will certain upgrades/functions have certain priorities as to what will be developed?

:pint:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
cotis
Art Expert

Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:07 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:Thanks Yamar.

Was wondering what's the timeline for the capital funding? What happens if the goal isn't met?

Is there an upgrade wish list? Will certain upgrades/functions have certain priorities as to what will be developed?

:pint:
all of these!
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:32 pm

At this point, I'm really just going to piont ya back to the donation site -- pretty much all the info that we're talking about publicly is posted there. I know that I'm inferring things, but your question reads to me like you're asking if we're taking requests from the masses to which the simple answer is no. Most of the plans in terms of development were talked about and planned quite a while ago - had to be part of things when we were trying to get estimates from developers. Does this mean that ideas/request fall on deaf ears? Of course not. But we're not always going to agree on what direction to take things either...
Tra la la la la...
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:41 pm

I sort of read it as "if we don't get the 100% funding goal, are the features that are being planned ranked by some kind of priority, so that we know what portion of that can be achieved based on where the funding ends up". But I could have misread that, too.
So it goes...
jmagee87
Art Expert

Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:57 pm

mfaith wrote:I sort of read it as "if we don't get the 100% funding goal, are the features that are being planned ranked by some kind of priority, so that we know what portion of that can be achieved based on where the funding ends up". But I could have misread that, too.
^this

I think it was a, if you dont raise the full funding, do you scrap the whole thing or do you do what you can with what funding you raised?

also...donated :pint:
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:01 pm

We're gonna get there, no problemo. Mitchell and Danger and Doyle will kick down some prints to throw in the mix. Ya heard me fugazi?!? For all the joy you get from coming here and trolling us, ya better! :P
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
fredo
Art God

Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:06 pm

Anybody got a Heat Death to donate/sell two years ago?
just a foil for me today, thanks
golobulus
Art Expert

Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:21 pm

Yamar wrote:New art is never going to be "auto-scraped". Sorry, but it takes a little personal motivation (and about 5 minutes) to do a submission. Yes, approvals can take a bit longer, but such is the nature of a volunteer run site. This falls in the same vein as if we tried to auto-scrape eBay for auctions -- just not likely to happen/work and even what did, would still need manual approvals after that so...

Donations are up to just shy of $5K as of this afternoon...
Oh man, unintentionally inflammatory post retracted...
turnJBup
Art Freak

Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:43 pm

The big question...
WILL IT BE FREE TO SELL POSTERS ON THE NEW AND IMPROVED SITE?